AMC actor re-signs ...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Poor Aiden has just been a sidekick on the show. I wish they would give him some meaty storyline.

I agree. The man is gorgeous! :wub:

I know where you are coming from Mulder. But I think he comes cheaper money wise than Barr or Irizarry. I just feel AMC is going the GL route. They are firing most of the vets and keeping the newbies. And writing for them.

• Members

What are you talking about? Aiden is front and centre! Just like Bianca and Maggie were a lesbian supercouple and just like the Santos family is thriving!

It's just further proof Frons does not watch AMC. I'm sure if you asked him he'd tell you Aidan was a lead male in a frontburner story with Di that is really shaking up the canvas.

Aiden may be cheap but several years of cheap adds up. They've never used him, they're never going to.

Just think, if they'd gotten rid of Simone and Aidan and Reggie and Erin a long time ago they could have kept one of either Opal or Brooke or David.

Think how much money was wasted. They paid Teri Ivens for 5 years for nothing! Eye candy or not, it's just shoddy managing.

• Members

I think they keep Aidan around as a back-up romantic lead. If a woman is stuck in a not-too-good pairing, they eventually bring her to Aidan to see if they spark. Usually it doesn't. It's happened with Mia and Di, at least. And you can count Kendall too, because they stuck them two together because Ryan/Cameron left in 2002. I like Kendall and Aidan together, I have to admit though.

I wonder if Zarf's going to be related to Aidan (like Ethan was supposed to be).

• Members

I do think Aidan is nice to look at but he just doesn't have much acting range or ability. He was more interesting with Kendall only because of Alicia carrying the scenes. I would like the writers to explore Di/Aidan more but I don't see that happening. I really wouldn't be surprised if he leaves AMC or is fired in the near future though.

Archived