OLTL: Two Actors OUT

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They should have never been hired in the first place.

Good move OLTL.

They don't even need exits.

Just pull a Shannon McBain.

One day they are here...getting on your nerves...

and the next they are gone.

Just forgotten (painful) memories.

• Members

ITA. Claudia was OK but at one point it felt like they were overdoing it with her. OLTL is not in a good place to be introducing new core characters. A LOT has to be fixed with this show and it should start with changing it from John's Life to Live.

• Members

I'm not surprised. Despite the ratings IWBASS garners Soapnet (it was the comparison between IWBASS and SoapTalk that got SoapTalk cancelled), without a commitment from the soap to make an honest attempt to use the new character, it's a huge joke. AMC is barely using Del, the most successful of the three. The GH one was killed off quickly and not memorable.

FV openly gushed about Mikey's likeability, overriding two of the judges for the final decision --THEN cast the guy as one of Vincent's mobsters. They hired one of the runners up even before we heard about Mikey's departure.

More of Frons' visionary techniques.

• Members

I never understood why Claudia was a contract cast member in the beginning, they never seem to do anything with her but use her to prop up Antonio, Jessica, and Nash. The little story she did have was all about Nash really, they should have had her at recurring status.

And Ted, no comment...

I hope Spencer's next... I well done murder mystery in Llanview with him would be awesome. A lot of people in town basically has some sort of motive to want him dead: John, Michael, Todd, Blair, Asa, Paige... and then the people connected to them.

• Members

So glad that they're both gone and going. Mikey Jerome should've NEVER won I Wanna Be a Soap Star, he should've been one of the first to go.

I agree that Kerry Butler(Claudia) should've never been put on contract. I don't want Claudia to just disappear, I want her dead.

I hope the big leaving is either Spencer with a good murder mystery or Nash, with him and Claudia being killed in a drunk driving accident.

• Members

Thank goodness!!!! Hated Ted and Claudia was okay at first, but soon she just got annoying.

IMO Claudia should have only made that one appearence inside the rehab center and never popped up again, I mean, she has done absolutely nothing except turning this whole Jessica/Nash/Antonio thing from a triangle into a quad.

• Members

Given how little they have used the year extension, insist upon Paige and Bo back together, and now handed the DA duties to the already exposed Evangeline -- it's a rumor, but I see where they get it. With VI, JB, DG, HT and TI let go from AMC/OLTL, and rumors of more budget cuts, as much as I want them to keep HBS (and use her), I don't see another renewal or her willing for another extension.

The only hope is a very quick announcement and change in direction. Bringing back GF for 1 month on GH does little to stem the backlash from dreary and dreaded storylines (the Java wedding/Spencer is a Buchanan/John-Hugh switcheroo), and the flood of talented long-time favorites exiting the other two soaps isn't going to pull them out of trouble. But the Disney solution is budget cuts -- which means MORE exits.

• Members

Gotta agree Zara. They are dumping newbies to bring on more newbies.

I think the next TWO exists will be Nora and Marcie. I hope I'm wrong on both counts, but that is my prediction.

The Laura return wil prove to be another heartbreak for fans. The Java wedding was a horrible decision. Nash is the most popular newbie and he and Jess had great chemistry. Marrying Java is bad for the Antonio character and bad for the Jess character. It made no sense.

I won't even go into Kevin and Kelly.

• Members

HBS would be my prediction. She seems okay with it, and her departure seems consistent with the general bleeding of veterans at ABC-daytime.

I feel bad for Jerome, but daytime is not the place for your FIRST acting gig. Meanwhile, did you catch Shamika Cotton on THE WIRE as a crack-addicted mama? THAT is acting ability!

Archived