AMC-Major storyline spoiler

• Members

Ok I just read the full article over at SOC.

This sounds good and promising. Simone is first one killed, in an apparant suicide, much like the way her brother Anthony was killed...but Kendall has doubts.

Then Erin Lavery killed off several week later.

Then more under-used characters.

NOW this is what ALL AMC fans have been wanting - they complain about a cast that is too large and all the underused characters need to go. Well Simone and Erin have been on most people's list. Isn't this what we all wanted? Plus this should be at least exciting, unlike what's going on now.

Now I can understand if Brooke is killed, then that will piss some people off - but that hasn't been determined yet - so let's not get our panties all twisted until we know that part for sure.

I say let's cheer - it's better than what could be!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No this is not what ALL AMC fans have been wanting.

Alot wanted Simone to be used. Alot wanted Megan to be fired. Not happening.

I think MOST want an AMC Christmas. You know, the happy Martins around the dinner table.

You have no idea who is next on the chopping block. It's not going to just be Erin and Simone.

A huge complaint is that the show is way too dark. It's darker than General Hospital. Now it's going to be murder and misery over the holidays, and not just with this particular story.

Also most people have probably already figured out who the killer is before the story has even started.

So pardon us for not wearing our AMC is #1 t-shirts.

• Members

They better not even think of killing Brooke off.

My big issue with this storyline is the ratio of veterans to newbies they're firing. So say there is a Kane-Montgomery family murder. IMO, the obvious choice to kill off would be Josh the unaborted fetus, but IMO that would not be the obvious choice for McTavish and Frons - the obvious choice would be Jack.

• Members

^^Didn't we have murder and misery all last Christmas too with Janet? And we STILL had a very merry Christmas.

You can't speculate until you know for sure. We don't know what to expect with the holiday's until we read something substantial.

I'm not saying this is what AMC has been needing in total to make it the #1 soap...but at least they are doing something that most fans have wanted - a reduction in cast and to get rid of the 'extras' characters. I love Simone too - but lots of people had Simone on their "get rid of" list that we've all made in the past months here on SON.

And it isn't darker than GH IMO - we aren't seeing a shooting or mob conflict every week. Sure, everyone is pissy and not really happy...but it isn't really dark.

• Members

I disagree wholeheartedly. AMC is dark, depressing and unrelenting in it's oppressive atmosphere.

AMC has flushed away many opportunities to give the viewers good stories. They have opted to fire good actors, backburner good actors and have instead shoved just a few actors in our faces day after dreary day. Couple that with a constant influx of newbies that no one caresabout and you have a very disgruntled, detached and absent audience.

We were expected to swallow this bizarre unaborted fetus story and the sancitfication of Babe the hobilly, serial cheater. Next up is an equally bizarre and unbelivable paternity twist, I am sure. These are not the kind of stories that bring in the viewers.

It is painful and insulting to see what has happened on AMC in the last 18 months or more. I was always proud to say that I had watched the show for years. No more.

I can only say that I hope Vincent Irizzary, Teri Ivens and Julia Barr move on and have the last laugh. When I think of the mess AMC is in, that's what I do...laugh.

• Members

Maybe Janet's the killer. Good points of comparison about The Dragon and Zarf, but I always had the impression that Garrett was intended to be a longterm character but the ratings tanked and they pulled out of the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am more than happy for TPTB to reduce the cast size and get rid of newbies...but more disgusting violence? No thanks, I've had enough of it, myself. Wasn't that awful Madden buried alive enough? You know if McT is writiing they'll be sexual overtones to the violence...she just loves women in jeopardy to predators. Look how JR acted just the day before yesterday...JR for Christ's sake.

Like some others noted above, once they've opened up a serial killer can of worms, there's no telling who will end up a victim. Case in point, Angela's comment about the firing ratio of newbies to vets and the 30+ set.

I hope there's a long list of newbies yet to be off the show but I don't want them to die...some have actual core family ties, even if the characters were poorly cast and badly written...they could come back in the future.

Can't Erin go back to Canada, Sean off to college, blah, blah. More gratuitous volence, no/sucky romance, Carey/Lavery smothering of character and story and then there's Zarf? Not looking forward to it. I want LOVE, baby....not sick obession and the forgiving/overlooking of the unforgiveable in a relationship (you know like your husband trying to kill you the reuniting with him).

• Members

I am mad that all for all of the killings, more newbies are being added. Why do was have a serial killer, killing off some of the viewers favorite people, (Brooke and Simone for me) .

Why not, have a serial killer and not add anymore character, then have the serial killer kill off other actors.

• Members

I completely agree with this. I can see love being supreme in a murder spree, don't get me wrong. Tacky, that they're bringing it out during the holiday season, but maybe it's a sign of desperation - ABCD PTB's should be desperate - GL is "thumping" [thanks, Bush ;)] two of their soaps and those GH ratings are not good enough for all that advertising they did. I can see a murder spree bringing people closer together and all, but I don't trust McTavish to write it more for the building of the love stories, family stories rather than the glorification of the gimmick, plot, killer, etc... I don't trust that Frons is NOT saying get rid of the rest of the vets. I don't like that this show has already gotten rid of so many vets that are so valuable to this show [barr, Irizarry], and yet keep on strolling out new characters/actors.

• Members

ICAM! Well said Tzelkos!

Count me in as one of the MANY viewers that wanted to see Simone, Vincent and Julia in major SLs but I'll count my blessings. All of the recently released actors will fare much better elsewhere and I mean ANYWHERE other than AMC. AMC hit rock bottom and then surprised me by dropping further and further again. I don't even recognize this show anymore and I don't care to become reaquainted.

Goodbye forever AMC. Burn in hell.

• Members

I'm not going to give up on, AMC, myself. I hated DAYS 6-7 of the 8 years I watched it, so I have will power, lol. With a bad sweeps for ABCD their might be hope for AMC, in terms of firing/demoting (stripping of some powers) PTB's that are enabling bad hiring/firing and storyline decisions. That is - unless ABC wants to get out of the soap business and just doesn't care.

It's not turning out to be a great sweeps so far, GH should have done 2.9's at least (2-3 days of the week) for all their advertising for at least 2-3 weeks. AMC, OLTL - not good, clearly.

• Members

Am I the only one excited about this? I love serial killer storylines!! The salem stalker, The music box murders, and the ATWT summer killer were some great stories IMO. Yes, I love Simone and Brooke and Erin...but I also love the suspense and mystery behind stories like this. I'm so excited!!

• Members

Pure ratings stunt that will sink the ratings further down. I mean Erin getting killed I am for that and will enjoy that.... but if they even think about killing off some of these long time vets like Brooke or Palmer? I mean did Frons not learn anything from DAYS? I guess all he sees is that 3.9 DAYS got that one week and thinks it will work here.... I dunno I really don't like this at all. It may be exciting in theory, but that will all be a moot point if Brooke or Palmer are killed.

• Members

Would it not just make more sense for them to say, do some sort of fire/natural disaster stunt storyline that can fuel months of story and have some people "die" in mysterious circumstances that could lead to their returns months/years later...

Archived