B&B: NEW WRITERS AND NEW EP!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show is so stale it needs a HUGE HUGE shakeup and overhaul. I remember when people really cared about the show, now? Everyone seems to watch out of habit or have completely forgotten about the show.

Brad Bell always says he's limited by the half hour format, but I watch Ryan's Hope, Port Charles and Dark Shadows and they manage to stay just as fresh as hour shows and they manage to feature more characters.

The problem with B&B now is that they feature the same very narrow group of characters doing the same.exact.things.over.and.over.a-fricking-gain.

• Members

Pat Mulcahey has been writing for B&B for quite some time. If you notice any time Brooke shows some backbone Pat is credited as a writer. One example is just the other day when Brooke finally brought up Nick's abusive behavior, "I don't mind if you take me by the arm, but don't grab my arm and yank me around by it!" Followed by Nick chasing Brooke out of the restaurant and pulling her around by her arm again, lol. That was a very good episode.

• Members

I think this is VERY unreliable and unlikely - at least for the part of Brad stepping down as exec.

This would only happen...

if CBS gave him a huge development deal or a major position at Y&R.

B&B is doing much too good rating-wise to force him out - since he and his family owns the whole show. Here, CBS has really no power or influence because they just picked up B&B for 5 more years last spring and due to B&B’s international sales.

And Ron Weaver is roughly 15 years older than Brad. I doubt he would get such a position at his age when every network boss is oh so crazy about young viewers...

Archived