Y&R-SOW

• Members
To be fair, Brad Bell said he would turn Sheila into Brooke and that would eliminate a Y&R return for Sheila. And since it can't be said enough, Jack Smith, not Lynn Latham, wrote the plot twist that Sheila went to the plastic surgeon with a picture and said "Make my face look like this." Latham is simply following the history of the show with this new story. If she re-wrote it as if Sheila never got the plastic surgery, then I'm sure people would say she has no respect for history and is re-writing things.

I'm 50/50 on John's death. Killing off Tom (a character with long term potential) and having John do it wrote him severely in a corner. With him in jail and Jerry Douglas planning to go on recurring, chances are we would have never gotten such a fitting exit, heaven forbid anything happened to him. By killing the character off while the actor is around, they had a chance to play out his final scenes with him there and with all of the family around.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lynn Marie Latham is in charge of the show now...she can do whatever the hell she wants, including rewrite or come up with a better scenario concerning Sheila's plastic surgery. Jack Smith wrote that storyline a YEAR ago and since LML has made soo many changes, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to change this.

I will blame her for making the asinine decisions she has made since she got in charge.

• Members

I got a PM from a friend asking me if I had read the Sheila/Phyllis spoilers, and then she remarked - it's very DOOL'ish, isn't it?

I had to shake my head in agreement. This is very DOOL'ish.

And, it's not a good thing.

Y&R always stood for something.

Good, solid, dependable soap. I understood why it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but it could always be counted on to be the sterling silver tea service of the industry.

As someone whose been a fan since the days when the Fosters were one of the main families, it's the CORE of what Y&R stood for that LML is destroying. And, that saddens me.

I happen to be a DOOL fan. I've been watching it since Marlena's main man was Don Craig. But, the shows were NEVER the same, and I liked it that way.

These spoilers disgust me. And sadden me.

They're destroying everything Bill Bell stood for.

• Members

I agree that this type of storyline is not very Y&R and I agree that Sheila's return (and the plastic surgery) exit was very JER DAYS, but you still have to roll with it. If she rewrote it to bring back Kimberlin Brown, with the amount of dislike for Latham, I'm sure there would be just as much a fuss that she is disrespecting history by rewriting it to change the plastic surgery.

By choosing Phyllis you can tell they gave this a lot of thought and I think it has potential to be a very interesting twist. It's a smarter choice than Lauren, Gloria or Amber and it also gives us a chance to see bad Phyllis again.

Another thing, didn't William Bell do a story where Katherine had an exact ringer with Marge? Why is it okay for him to do that story, but when Latham follows through with history, it's automatically dreadful (though we havent even seen it)?

• Members

They could easily write that Sheila changed her mind at the last minute, or that the Doctor refused to do it. It could be the same Doctor David Kimbal went to who didn't turn him into the person he requested but instead wrote Killer on his forhead and disfigured him.

• Members

Well this is just freakin horsepucky.

I hope they don't undo Phick and say that Phyllis was really Sheila. That's just nasty.

I would prefer Michelle playing dual roles though. That'll surely garner her an Emmy nomination. It would be like Phyllis has DID.

• Members

Is Real Phyllis Dead?? My Canadian Friday show had Paul telling Lauren and Micheal that Sheila's DNA was found at the murder site of the plastic surgeon and that Sheila, with the same DNA, is dead wearing a friendly face, and shows them a picture of Phyllis. I am already beyond mad at Y&R for bringing back Sheila in this way and if real Phyllis is dead and gone as a result what is left to watch? Phyllis and Sheila are being sacrificed to bring Nick and Sharon back together. Why are two of the best actresses Y&R has ever had being shafted in this way for the sake of a lame coupling?? Barf!

• Members

It's got to be a ruse concocted by Sheila to make Michael and Lauren go ballistic on Phyllis for a while and give Sheila's new identity time to get established in Genoa City; a diversion. I can't see them tampering with a successful character like Phyllis by making her really Sheila. They can't be THAT dumb... unless Brian Frons is working for CBS too. My money's on Amber being Sheila.

• Members

You have nothing to worry about regarding Phick. LML loves them too much to kill off Phyllis. I think that maybe this whole Sheila things is being blown out of context. LML has said that this will be the last of Sheila, so maybe, just maybe that that is really Sheila that's dead and never really had the chance to terrorize Lauren again.

• Members

"Another character will die before the year is over"

I remember reading that. What if that character is Phyllis? What if I, we, YOU were all wrong. What if the switch has already taken place and LML has sacrificed a multi-layered character like Phyllis, for some overexposed psycho like Sheila. If TPTB DARE to go there... But then again so many people here hate Phyllis, so it wouldn't matter I guess? Heh.

• Members

DruRocks, the spoiler said a senior vet would be killed off. I'm thinking, if Gina is Sheila or something like that maybe it's her. I heard that on Mondays episode she asks to hold the baby and everybody gets suspicious of her. It's an idea, but there is so much wild speculation out there that everything sounds crazy, lol.

Sheila isn't fit for long term and they wouldn't lose someone as major as Michelle Stafford unless they had to. It's obvious Nick and Phyllis are one of the major couples for Latham, no way she'd swap her for Sheila whose only connection is Lauren who Latham doesn't feature much.

• Members

Senior vet usually transfers to 10+ years. MS has been on Y&R close to 10 years now. One thing is that LML usually writes short term and not long term, so I could totally see her killing off Phyllis, and then a few months later going all Urkel and saying to herself "Did I do that?" a080.gif But this time the audience will not be laughing.

Archived