OLTL: Former SuBe star joins the cast

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know they are. I don't know how much longer Todd/Evangeline is going to go on for, but we aren't getting Todd and Blair back. I'm sure of that one. Marty will come back and she and Todd will hate each other for a couple months, but then something will happen (it's getting to be cold outside so there will probably be a blizzard) that will bring them two togtehr (trapped together perhaps) and they will suddenly fall in love. Higley will write it, totally forgetting that Todd once raped the woman. It will be a total copy of Luke/Laura from GH. I bet that's Higley's goal.

I watched OLTL for the first time in weeks today and saw the Starr/Cole/Langston scenes while at the high school party. I instantly got this feeling. It was like weird. I bet Starr gets raped at one of these high school/college parties and Cole gets blamed for it or something. That's kind of sloppy right now, but I can definitely see Starr getting raped. Talk about irony with Todd.

• Members

Ewww...at Marty/Todd hookup. The man brutally raped her and terrorized her. What the [!@#$%^&*]?! Seriously?!

I've already disregarded the show but this show is disgusting in their attempt to glorify a rapist and his victim. Spare me the Luke and Laura analogy. It's still gross.

• Members

CC doesn't have the chops to handle a character like Marty. HOWEVER, with Dena Hackley headwriting the show, the Marty that I fondly remember will likely be an unrecognizable character.

I am SO not looking forward to this :rolleyes:

I give CC 90 days before she is fired.

• Members

Poor Christina Chambers! I was hoping she'd end up on MyNetworkTV.

Yeah, this is a miscast. And Chambers is as white as snow, BTW. She just tanned alot and played Latina on BEACH if I remember correctly.

Hackley's writing rape for a 14 year old actress? I guess if Robin Wright Penn can do it for Dakota Fanning...

• Members

Lets be honest, Sunset Beach was good campy fun, but like JER's DAYS, I don't think they had the best cast. She certainly isn't one of them. This is classic casting for OLTL though. Look at the crapfest playing Claudia, Vincent, basically all the other newbies and most glaring the fricking winner of I Wanna Be A Soap Star.

The show is making a fool of itsself with these awful casting choices. Forget the writers, the entire show needs help. They need to just cancel it, I'm so sick of seeing whats happening to OLTL.

• Members

Contrary to SuBe's campy reputation, the show did have a lot of great actresses in the cast. Priscilla Garita, Sherri Saum, Dominique Jennings, Sarah Buxton, even Susan Ward on a good day. Unfortunately, Christina Chambers was never part of that list. Hot though she may be, strikingly beautiful though her smile is, the girl cannot emote to save her life.

As for the part of Marty Saybrook, I can't think of anybody least likely to take over this recast role. Not only is it a role full of history, familiarity and no small measure of gravitas, CC is also about a decade too young for the part. I cannot think what possessed TIIC to go from Susan Haskell and Sarah Joy Brown to Christina.

• Members

Yeah I know they had lots of talented actors, I was lumping Chambers into the other category. Kinda like PSNS, overall it's not known for it's acting, but you could pluck some amazing actors from the show. But for every Lindsay Hartley, you have those awful (but cute) guys who play Miguel and Fox. Thats what has happened here.

And WORD to how could they go from Sarah Brown to this. I'm truly in shock, they *almost* got it right.

• Members

Oh, you bet. It's the same thing Jon and Tammy are going through on GL. Ya, granted, Jon didn't brutally rape Tammy but he was not honest with his intentions to start the story off. And it is a different era. You try that today, and you'll have every feminist group in the country breaking down ABC's doors.

Archived