OLTL: Former SuBe star joins the cast

• Members

CC is a great addition to the OLTL cast, but is she not a little young to be playing Marty? I'm not familiar with the character but I've seen pics of Susan Haskell and Christina Chambers looks much younger, not to mention darker haired and skinned.

I mean I know OLTL sees nothing wrong with changing the race of a character (Blair, anyone?) but I could think of tons of ex daytime actors who'd be a good fit for the role. Tracy Melchior (if they forgot that she played Kelly for a few months), Jennifer Bransford or Beth Ehlers (if they could lure her away from GL) would all be far better fits for the role.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JB and TM have already been on OLTL and were both disasters. Both are examples of the bad casting choices that this show consistently makes.

The only actress I can think of who could have played Marty with the nuance and the layers created by SH is a Heather Tom. Then again OLTL isn't interested in hiring talented actors these days.

• Members

Tracy Melchior and Jennifer Bransford are both worse than Christina Chambers IMO. All three are pathetic replacements. Cynthia Preston is talented but too much of a villainness. There is no Marty but Susan Haskell. It's not a role you can just recast with any nice soap actress.

• Members

I don't see why Susan Haskell can't reprise her role, to be honest.

I mean, I know she's preggers but other pregnant actresses have worked on a show before.

It could be like when Catherine Zeta Jones was in the movie Traffic, her obvious pregnancy was there but never really mentioned. Nor was it important to the plot. It could work the same way with Marty. She already has a son, after all.

Plus, I'm sure TPTB could work something out with Haskell over working hours, etc. After all, the show is so busy focusing on "faves" McNostril, Spencer, Huff 'n Puff, Claudia, Vincent, Mikey etc., that they strictly won't need to have Marty on 24/7.

UNLESS, that is, the actress's pregnancy -- and her strong and loud commitment to maintaining the integrity of her rape SL as Rape, pure and simple, and not a "seduction" -- was seen as an obstacle to Frons and Hackley's "vision" for OLTL?

• Members

I think if they want to hook her up with Todd, it's probably better to have a new Marty and not

one the audience remembers watching Todd rape.

A new Todd. A new Marty. I can see them talking and bonding. I think they should have brought

her on as Tea though, Tea would have made much more sense.

• Members

I'm wondering if maybe they're bringing Marty back to maybe hookup with Spencer??? Think of the problems that would create!!! Starr & Cole are dating/like each other - Todd raped Marty (Cole's mom) who is dating Spencer who set up Todd to be executed for a crime he didn't commit and then brought him back to life and bedded Blair. Two kids who like each other but the adults in their lives can't tolerate each other. JMO. :P

• Members

Wow, OLTL does it yet again... I've stuck through this show for like 16 years and really tough times like the whole Santi CRAP. But this, yes this, is one of the stupidest and utterfully gross things the show has done. Yeah Susan Haskell may not have want to come back but is it necessary to have Marty back then?? What is the need to go there again when the show has been there and done that so many times, it only destroys the authenticity and novelty of the storyline and its place in OLTL's history if you keep going there again. The same thing happened with Viki's DID.

Also I HOPE the show doesn't go and glamourize Marty. Part of Marty's character was her non-glamour role which made her more realistic. I really don't see this actress doing it. :(

Sheesh I can barely watch OLTL now I hope this doesn't make things worst considering Todd and Blair are like the only things worth watching (esp. since Viki is barely on and that too in anything important).

Archived