OLTL: Former SuBe star joins the cast

• Members

http://www.soapcentral.com/oltl/news/2006/...ers_haskell.php

Christina Chambers (Ex Maria, Sunset Beach) has been cast as the new Marty. I have to say after all these years of hating Marty, I might actually like her now. LOVE Christina and she played my favorite character on SuBe and Spyder Games. Cant wait to see her. I hope she does well but I cant help but think that this is a miscast. I always thought she would be great as a Tea recast. Afterall, she has a latina look to her. I know one of hte complaints she had when on ATWT was that she did not look the part for Molly. I think I might be able to look past this bc Im a fan of hers.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um. So I saw this...OLTL fans help me, is Marty Latin-American????

I'm sorry no offense to anyone that is, but she is SO not this character. She was not Molly, because Molly was not Latin. I mean hello...I think a recast should resemble the former player and she resembles nothing like the original Marty. How can they go from Sarah Brow to Christina Chambers, huge miscast.

I find it interesting that CC was considered for the role of Victoria on Y&R. We'll see.

• Members

nope. Marty was a spoiled rich caucasion girl. I dont get why they didnt cast CC as Tea. Wasnt there a casting call for the role a few months back? She would have been perfect for that. Marty's gonna be interacting with Todd, so why not just use Tea instead?

I feel bad for Christina bc I know she will get a negative reception and its not her fault. They keep giving her the wrong roles. I would rather they have created a new one for her than put her as Marty bc I dont think she will be given much of a chance

• Members

It sounds to me like OLTL had no choice. I mean they had Susan almost signed but she backed out most likely because she is pregnant. Then, Sarah turned them down. This sounds like a last minute casting to me because OLTL couldn't put the story on hold anymore.

• Members

HORRIBLE CHOICE! Christina Chambers is not the type of actress that can play a role like Marty Saybrook. There's so much to that charactr and Chambers isn't that great of an actress. She played well on Sunset Beach as Maria and Spyder Games as Taylor, just because those were definitive roles. When ATWT casted her to finish up Molly, I couldn't believe they were doing it. Everyone said give her a chance and we did. She sucked. But on OLTL she'll remain because Higley likes to write for characters that aren't needed.

Archived