Heroes / Heroes Reborn: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Whaa........Angela is Sylar's mom???? :o

Sub-Zero! Very cool. So Tracy isn't Nikki? I was a bit confused there.

I had a feeling Ando would become a bad guy - he had to since he was a best friend of a hero. Ando couldn't have been Hiro's sidekick forever.

If Heroes hangs around 10 million viewers, they should be fine to get another season.

• Members
And that's a prt of a big problem: it all fell so flat, too contrived, too much trying to have a cliffhanger and a twist afterevery scene. With this type of pace, and more importantly, with this kind of superficiality the ratings will continue to fall.

Now everyone has a power? Oh, come one... Pathetic. Where are normal humans? Next we find out Claire's adoptive mom has an ability, too. 

• Members

HAHAH I love how Sylph went from saying ti was his fave soap to hatring the premier... But... I'm kinda agreeing with you (that said I have NEVER been a huge Heroes fan and have always nitpicked at it and pretty much hated last year--though I stuck with it). The plot moved so fast you hardly noticed while watching--but afterwards... HUH?

• Members

The episode was awesome. Nathan, Tracy, Claire, Peter, Elle, Sylar all of these storylines were amazing. There were a tone of different scenes that were just jaw droppingly awesome. Elle going all pikachu on Sylar, Claire being power raped by Sylar, Peter consoling Claire in an un-uncle like way and psycho Claire trying to kill Peter in the alternate timeline, Peter shooting Nathan, Nathan coming back to congress after spiritual renewal, Sylar's a Peterilli, Mama Petrelli is evil!, so much good stuff.

Jessalyn is back!

• Members

I am still in love witht the first season, that one is my favourite. Somehow it all converged to that unavoidable doom. But the doom and the last two episodes turned out to be nothing special, even though I liked it (but thought it should have been better and less lame).

It was all so connected, so filled with the sense of some mysterious force behind everything, it had noir-esque feel... 

Those first two episodes just seemed as an amalgam of totally random events brought together just to hype it all up as much as possible.

And I read the spoilers, it all seems... Disappointing. :(

• Members

The first seasonw as new, fresh, exciting. It also had a very well layed out plan IMHO from the start. It doesnt seem the knew exactly what to do after that point.

The second season was a letdown, but i still liked it. Elle Nikki/Jessica, Claire really saved that season, IMHO.

I love the start of this season. I have loved every single spoiler i have read. I doi think that for me, this will be the best arc.

• Members

You're totally right about the plan. And about the second season. But what worries me is that Kring said he planned five years into the future. It sure doesn't seem like it.

Hopefully, I'll change my mind.

And yes, J. J. Philbin needs to be fired.

• Members

I haven't read the spoilers but... wow I think we completely agree--well said. While the show never ocmpletely gripped me even in year one for whatever reason--I admit I really appreciated how nothign story or character wise seemed wasted--everything had pay off (yes the actual season finale was, no ways around this, disappointing. "Was that it?" but it wasn't a disaster). I dunno. I'll continue half watching it anyway until it picks my interest back up (meaning it's one of those shows I can put on while organizing work for the next day or doing emails or something--not a favorite of mine I actually will sit down, turn everything else off and watch :P )

• Members

Well I just received my Heroes "Godsend" symbol necklace in the mail (you know, the one the Haitian wears, and Peter in Season 2?), and I'm all up in the Heroes hysteria. This is the first season that I'm watching "live". Season One I didn't catch the first few episodes out of busy life and some skepticism about the premise, and then it was too late to start mid-season and feel like I could grasp what I missed. While Season Two was airing, I was watching the Season One DVD at my friend's house to start from the beginning. After I completed that, I caught Season Two online, and NOW with Season Three I'm watching LIVE. I love it!

But... I get what Sylph is saying. In the first season, there was a heart and humanity that I felt missing from this season's premiere. It wasn't about the powers, it was about the question of "what are we meant to do in this world?" and that question loomed over the whole season and everything seemed to tie back into that question. By the second volume, it still had some of that, and also tied into the "generations" theme, about the legacy the past generation has left for their children, sins of the father, etc. This season, it was just such a jumble of "everyone has POWERS!" with Mohinder's sudden abilities (he didn't struggle nearly long enough with whether to inject himself, and DUH it's going to backfire and his back would start bubbling and peeling... ICK!), Ando zapping Hiro with red lightning in the future(!). There was a gratuitous feel to the episodes, where, as EricMontreal said, "nothing seemed wasted" in season one. This season, when Noah and Sandra Bennet brought Claire's bio mom back and said she'd be looking after the family, and Claire was all "Mom?!" and without a word Meredith flips her hand open and ignites the fire... it made NO sense within the scene for her to do that, and it was ALL about "let's show that she has a power so that whoever didn't see her in Season One will be interested, and we can remind whoever forgot about her that she's special too". I just didn't get it.

I was stumped at how Nathan came back to life, unless Adam Monroe's healing blood transfusion from Season 2 lasts for more than one use... or if there's more to Nathan's powers than we know... OR if it really was an act of God and they will bring religion into the story (which I'm not sure is smart because of how much of a hot button religion can be).

And the whole Tracy Strauss issue has me COMPLETELY stumped, but in a good way. Niki/Jessica confused me a lot in Season One, and she was pretty inconsequential in Season Two, but this stumper in Season Three has totally pulled me back in. Is Tracy another personality? I couldn't see it as an alias because Niki wouldn't want to be away from Micah (who was totally absent in these two episodes... which I didn't like). My theory is that Jessica Sanders (Niki's sister) is not dead, but Jessica's abilities left Niki and their father to THINK she was dead, and Jessica used that to escape the abusive home and start a new life for herself under the name Tracy Strauss.

Tracy seemed too well-established in this life she has to have JUST come out of nowhere after Niki's "death". And Niki/Jessica/Gina were too busy running around Vegas and Texas and New Orleans to have had another personality building a career in NY at the same time. So I think Tracy has to be a different physical person. And I think it's Jessica under and alias, and that's why seeing Niki with her website and screwing Nathan on video seemed to upset Jessica/Tracy so much.

Tracy's power is SO AWESOME! I really died when she froze him, his face started to crumble, and then he shattered ALL over the ground and melted into the drain. AMAZING! She can kill people and leave no body behind!

But I'm hoping the upcoming episodes will tie everything together, and I do see the overall theme of the villain in all of us and exploring what circumstances will push people to the line of being a hero or a villain.

• Members

So much word! 

That is a symptom of what's happening to the whole show. It's not intricately plotted as it should be. But hey, I'm of couse giving it a chance, I want to see what happens next. And how.

Also, I forgot to mention: is this season going to have another "save the world" arc? :rolleyes: Earth split in two on that rock in the savannas of Africa? :rolleyes:

So far we have these stories:

• Change the Future - Future Peter visits the past
  • Am I Human? - Claire's existential crisis and her eventually becoming a villain
  • African Roads - Parkman's spiritual quest with a mysterious shaman
  • The Escape and the Hunt - prisoners escape from Level 5
  • The Formulaic Treason - Ando and Hiro persecuting the Speedster in search for the formula
  • Side Effects - Mohinder and Maya
Also Tracy/Nikki/Nathan, Angela takes control of the Company... And probably some others. 

Archived