The Class: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

LOVED last night's episode! This show keeps getting better & better for me! And YAY! Duncan's mom's back! I miss Aaron though. He's my other fave.

Seriously, CBS, give this show a chance (and a second season). It needs time to build an audience, much like 'Raymond' did. I think if it lasts long enough, it will catch on.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Glad to see it with a somewhat good rating!! Monday nights hour one on CBS are really funny. How I Met Your Mother and The Class are to creative shows, I like both of them very much!!!

The guy who plays the gay teacher on The Class...OMG!!! He is so hot!!!

• Members

I don't know why some people think "The Class" PTB are trying to distance themselves from "Friends." It's obvious they're not. "The Class" is JUST like "Friends." It is a rare sitcom that is genuinely funny, hits home but also has a sentimental core, a heart, and genuine relationships and "moments." Besides, check out the names of those episodes. "The Class _________________." Seem familiar, doesn't it? Well, that's because on "Friends," most episodes were named, "The One with..............."

Anti-"Friends" my arse@~!

And yes, Monday night's was phenomenal.

Did NOT see Lena taking Richie back that fast, but like how it happened.Nearly choked when I saw the reunion. DANG, this is good soap opera!!!

And sorry, but not just Hour One on CBS rocks. CBS Primetime, of all lineups, has finally become what NBC's Must See TV Thursdays were for more than a decade. Incredible. All four shows. All VERY funny, and all endearing.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Also, Lucy Punch, who plays Holly the reporter, either left the show or was let go. CBS has even taken her off of the show's website. But, her "is he or isn't he" gay husband played by Sam Harris will still be on the show.

I wonder if this means Fern is going to kill her, since Richie led her to believe that Holly was the person he had been dating in order to protect Lina. Then Fern went on to call up Holly and threatened her a couple episodes ago? That seems a little too dramatic for a comedy, but she did make that threat and some people think that's what is going to happen.

• Members

He hasn't been in the opening, but Sam Harris, along with the actors that play Yonk and the mother still have their bios up at CBS. Lucy Punch's was taken down. So I guess those three characters will still be recurring. Perhaps we'll find out that Perry and Holly divorced? But, where does that leave Oprah? LOL!

Actually, they could still be married, allowing them to keep playing on the whole ambigious sexual orientation thing, but Holly would just be off-screen.

• Members

Holly's news segments were hilarious.

But, they never really tried to mix her up with the rest of the cast like everybody else. Even in the episode where Richie crashed into the store, she was kinda just in the backseat, doing her news thing. While everyone else in the car was kinda bonding, she maintained this weird "distance" from them.

Archived