Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AW: Cynthia Watros as Vicky McKinnon(1998)

Featured Replies

  • Member

Hey...had some free time this weekend and was uploading a few FASHION HOUSE clips, so I just thought, "What the hell...give Marland what he wants." I'd hate to have something I wanted to see that someone else had in a video collection NEVER uploaded to YouTube. That would suck.

Hope you enjoy them, despite the fact that the quality is a little low. I'll have to add other notes to the movie later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGRUlzdcsns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7IFa8rueQY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_mxwxfl_aQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yin_5Cc2PbE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYKZUUb12JQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUR2v00h6nM

I think there is one more on the way...

  • Replies 22
  • Views 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member

you are an absolutely amazing human being, thank you so much for taking the time out to do this especially for me. I can't believe it! Thank yoooou!!!! She would have been an outstanding permanent recast.

  • Member

Cynthia great as Vicky. I remember loving her at the time and thinking she and Ellen Wheeler were very believable as sisters.

  • Member

I can't wait to watch these. Thanks for providing them. :)

I remember liking her so much more than Jensen, and right away too. She slipped into the role as if she was born to play it and worked well with everyone. I also remember being disappointed when Jensen returned. Weird, huh?

  • Member

IIRC, they did this as part of playing hardball with Jensen Buchanan, who was asking for the moon. They also tried to get Kelly Rutherford from Melrose Place, or did she actually do it too?

  • Author
  • Member
IIRC, they did this as part of playing hardball with Jensen Buchanan, who was asking for the moon. They also tried to get Kelly Rutherford from Melrose Place, or did she actually do it too?

The mags said Jensen injured her knee in a skiing accident, but I was without the internet back then and obviously, I know now how the magazines are very network friendly.

But I did read in Digest that they also tried to get Anne Heche to temp, but she was busy. Kelly Rutherford would have been an awesome choice.

  • Member

I seem to recall Jensen eventually getting what she asked for, including a helicopter or something to and from the studio or whatever. Or maybe that was a few years prior.

According to a TV Guide column at the time, Anne Heche wanted to do it for the temp run, but her agents balked - she was a "movie star" by then, after all - and vetoed it. The column also said Cynthia's people were very wary about it and did not want it publicized. The soap stigma.

  • Member

oh I thought this was during one of her maternity leaves. How long was CW in the role for?

  • Author
  • Member
oh I thought this was during one of her maternity leaves. How long was CW in the role for?

I think it was for about two weeks.

I seem to recall Jensen eventually getting what she asked for, including a helicopter or something to and from the studio or whatever. Or maybe that was a few years prior.

According to a TV Guide column at the time, Anne Heche wanted to do it for the temp run, but her agents balked - she was a "movie star" by then, after all - and vetoed it. The column also said Cynthia's people were very wary about it and did not want it publicized. The soap stigma.

That's so crazy! A HELICOPTER to and from the studio? No wonder why this chick hasn't had anyone bang down her door.

What's so funny about Cynthia's agent is that NBC DID publicize it. In fact, that was AW's promo for the week: Emmy Winner Cynthia Watros comes to Bay City...this week on ANOTHER WORLD. I was thinking to myself, "Are they THIS desperate for viewers?"

Anne Heche doing daytime for a two-week stint wouldn't have hurt her, especially since she has never fully recovered from being the gay-for-pay switchhitter. Although she has rebounded nicely with MEN IN TREES.

  • Member

Heche & Watros are a similar type of actress, both are especially quirky, captivating and mysterious.

  • Member

Yeah, they had supposedly really considered permanently recasting with Rutherford. I like her but IMHO she was too young, particularly with Ellen Wheeler back as Marley (and Jensen Buchanan had asked to never play Marley again) .

  • Author
  • Member
Yeah, they had supposedly really considered permanently recasting with Rutherford. I like her but IMHO she was too young, particularly with Ellen Wheeler back as Marley (and Jensen Buchanan had asked to never play Marley again) .

UGH! What is WRONG with PGP. As much as I liked Jensen, Rutherford would have been GREAT as Vicky.

Heche & Watros are a similar type of actress, both are especially quirky, captivating and mysterious.

Not to mention the fact that both actresses have chemistry with EVERYBODY! Watros and Tom Eplin were both sparking it.

  • Member

Wow, I remember this like it was yesterday! I remember the promo they did for her too. Something like "She just won the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress... so what's she doing in Bay City? Cynthia Watros comes to Another World. This Friday"

  • Member

Its just such a pity they didnt just drop Buchanan and bring on the Watros for good. Cause she could have saved the show.

Imagine if Hogan Sheffer had revived an ailing AW in 2000?

  • Member

I asked a friend at the time why Cynthia didn't just take over permanently if she was already in there and not Kelly Rutherford. I was told that CW's stint was always to be temporary, since GL and Annie had been a "breakout" for her from daytime and she was looking to move into primetime and film from GL - which she then did. That was probably why her agents did not want it in the press too much (NBC Daytime's promotional department evidently disagreed) . I agree she would've been an excellent permanent recast if things had been different. The age difference between CW and Ellen was not really noticeable. And Jensen, IMHO, had looked older than EW.

I may be wrong but Chris Goutman was there by then, I think, as EP, trying to pull AW out of the gutter. He has always said he felt so betrayed that the PTB put him there knowing he was to preside over AW's death. I look at the last year or so of AW and all its problems and for all of that, it still seems IMHO to have a classiness and maturity and care to it that CG later provided for ATWT when he took it over and revamped it with Hogan. I firmly believe he could've saved AW the same way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.