AMC: Logan on AMC

• Members

--AMC's recent ratings plunge comes as no surprise: The soap, hoping to seem hip, has been annoying viewers since July with the use of those jumpy, stomach-churing Steadicms. (Memo to AMC: Nausea is never hip.) Teen sluts Colby and Sydney--the jailbait verson of Paris and Nicole--are another big turnoff. And the firing of Vincent Irizarry won't help. This terrific vet has been shown the door and word is other longtime fan faves will soon follow. Is this anyway to please an audience?---

First of all I love Logan. I wish the soap magazines smacked TPTB around like he does.

Anyways, there were some comments when Vincent was let go that at least it wasn't Julia Barr or Eileen Herlie or James Mitchell or even (less likely but not unlikely) David Canary. I said it would be rather naive to not assume they are next.

I don't think there will be much of a fuss put up for James Mitchell but I highly recommened that any Julia Barr fans start writing yesterday (snail-mail, or else you're wasting your time really :( )

There's a Sydney-centric story coming (don't ask me why) but one can only hope she and Colby will be dropped or restructured sooner rather than later. An article like this in a national non-soap magazine is not a good thing leading up to sweeps.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A SYDNEY-Centric story? You must be trippin. Even an annoying teen story can't revolve around a core character's kid/

You know, I'm with whoever said they refuse to believe Burton Armus is coming to AMC. ABC would have given him notice ahwile ago if that happened.

Budget cuts, dismissal of vets or not, AMC and ABC as a whole are in BIG trouble. You know something's wrong whenever the offliners aren't just saying "It's a soap opera."

• Members

It might be a small story.

I'm sure it's not going to be at the Zach/Kendall/Ryan/Babe/Josh level.

I wouldn't get too upset over it, obviously it's not a good sign but it probably won't end up being a big deal.

I actually think she's the better actress. I'd rather see her than Colby. Actually I'd like to see her in the role of Colby.

• Members

Sydney is going to get a storyline???? Thank goodness I am not watching this show right now. I keep coming to this board hoping their will some good news about mctavish and frons being gone but nothing so far. I really need to make a decision whether AMC is worth my time anymore because the AMC i loved is dead.

• Members

I'll take Sydney over Colby also, but that doesn't mean I want to see either one of them. I don't. It just means I think the girl who plays Sydney is tolerable and the girl who plays Colby isn't. The characters I really want to see are the ones ignored by TPTB.

• Members

I'd prefer Vincent to stay over the others, but I'd be pissed off if Barr and Canary were fired as well. VERY pissed off. Herlie and Mitchell could go on recurring, since they are used like that now anyway.

I look at the focus of the show, and wonder what these guys are thinking. Ratings plunge, and I'm not talking about the general decline of soaps over the past 15 years. AMC has PLUNGED towards the bottom of the pile. So their solution? Keep doing what doesn't work. You do wonder if they are TRYING to destroy the genre, and replace it with reruns of prime time serials or something. They sure aren't doing what it takes to shore up soaps. :: shakes head ::

Archived