The WB's Night of Farewell!

JER Soaps Fan

• Members

Who's watching this night of farewells with "Felicity," "Buffy," "Dawson's Creek," and this walk down memory lane of premiere episodes? I am!

Right now, I'm so excited because I'm watching "Felicity," a show I NEVER saw because it ended just before we got a WB affiliate. It's so fun watching this because even though the Mad TV parody was great, I didn't 'get' why it was so funny and great. I LOVE this stalker, Felicity! She's incredible! Goes to a college just to hook up with a guy she doesn't even know. This is absolutely incredible!!!

Anyway, this thread is for discussion on tonight's night of farewell episodes. Let's raise a glass to The WB!!!

-------------------------------------------------

Oh my GOD. Felicity's telling Ben that she followed him to New York. On the premiere episode. You SLUT! You ignorant slut!!! I love this show! It's so embarrassing to watch. Oh my God. She's a stalker! She's a freaking stalker!!!

Wait, Ben says he's "flattered"?!!! OMG, no way! that would freak me out! She's a cute stalker!!! I love it!!! And the freak has the audacity to ask, "Can we just be friends?" Um, he will FOREVER know you want him. Back to the show...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got teary seeing my girl again. :(

I *so* miss late 90's/early 00's WB. I'd tune in on Mondays to 7th Heaven, Tuesdays was Felicity and Thursdays was Chamed (with Shannen Doherty as Prue).

Loved when Megan became normal and lost her goth vibe. Julie annoyed me but I felt so sorry for her when she got raped. :(

I remember when she got her haircut and that's all the promos would show! :lol:

:rolleyes:

• Members

Hmmm... did they just forget all about UNHAPPILY EVER AFTER & THE WAYANS BROTHERS? THE WB's sitcoms weren't THAT bad. I take that back...

NICK FRENO: LICENCED TEACHER was a stinker for sure. But anything trumps HOMEBOYS IN OUTER SPACE and THE SECRET DIARY OF DESMOND PFEIFFER.

• Members

bellcurve, they didn't forget. Nikki Cox and the Wayans Brothers, Cedrick the Entertainer, practically all of the WB's most memorable actors and actresses flashed in the promos...

..and the FINAL WB promo just before "Dawson's Creek" credits rolled? I ALMOST cried. Not only did it flash the faces, it showed the names of each actor and the faded into a silhouetted (?) silver frog. AAAAAAAAAHHH!! I could have DIED at that moment. Especially with Jamie Foxx blowing the kiss goodbye. I wonder if that was new footage? Surely there'd be no reason for a sitcom star to do that in past promos.

I say that because, did you SEE Scott Foley and James Van Der Beek? The WB got them to FILM A NEW PROMO with Scott and James traveling in a jeep and Scott singing along with the "Dawson's" theme. It was SO poignant.

What an emotional night! Just emotionally draining saying goodbye to this network!!! :(:(:(

• Members

Well, I recorded them on VHS but didn't upload to YouTube or anything. (And I have no idea how to do that.) I'm sure they'll pop up in a few days, though. It was really cool.

Um, what's with the rolled eyes? FYI: I had a girl who was a little obsessed with me (well, more than once, but one in particular). Anyway, after we spent a few nights together (long story), she decided I was the best thing and blogged about me nightly. About how smart and cute I am, etc, etc...and she made certain that she blogged where I would see. First thing I thought? "Stalker." Doesn't matter that she was a good, Christian girl. The first thing I thought was, "How can I get her to hate me?" and making it a practice to avoid her and play jokes on her so she would know I don't feel that way. Yes, I could have taken a different approach, in hindsight, but it worked. :lol: Anyway, the point is, TRUST me, Ben thought that. I was 'Ben,' so I should know. Plus, that's how guys think. I mean, someone who doesn't even know you, reads your college application and falls in love with you from that and a yearbook signature, and follows you to college in hopes of bagging you for life? Um, yeah..that's a stalker. Don't get me wrong, Felicity's cute and not violent, but guys wouldn't think much of her for doing that.

• Members

I have no idea, Drew. Again, I never got the WB until that show had ended. (Actually, I think we got it the year "Reba" premiered, so either we got it in the market in Felicity's last year and I was in college and too busy to think about it or we didn't get it until that show went off the air). Anyway, the hopeless romantic in me hopes she ended up with Ben. And most movies and shows like to have that 'come full circle' effect, and since the TV show began with her pursuit for Ben, it would only seem right to have her get him in the end, a la the MUCH more aggressive stalker, Nikki Parker, who got her man (in I'm sure a much more implausible way) on UPN's "The Parkers."

Ben and Felicity forever!!

I have to take the time, again, to APPLAUD The WB for its outstanding way of handling its 'farewell.' I mean, every memorable show or star was mentioned! Even Tia and Tamara Mowry from its early "Sister, Sister" sitcom. Now, one thing I AM a bit pissed off at was the absense of Robert Townsend, who did have a three-year sitcom, "The Parent Hood" on that network, didn't he? That show, while not the best, was a 'hit' by WB standards. But since it didn't fall in line with their 'network that defined a generation' theme (since it was more childish and often poorly written), I guess that's why they didn't include it.

• Members

there were some standouts I noticed from their list of stars at the end ...

Shannen Doherty (still bitter, to the end - kinda disapointing)

Katherine Heigl

I dont recall seeing Jessica Beil named

and i'm bummed I didnt see any flashbacks for Roswell. Yet numerous Gilmore Girl stars and shots of Tom Welling in their yearly promos. I didnt get to see the night till the Buffy airing, so I might have missed it and I hope I did cause that was definitely one of their standout shows.

on to the WB itself, I am really going to miss it. It was definitely my favourite network, and like their inserts tonight said - it spoke for a generation, mine. I dont see the CW having that same fresh, hip vibe that the WB had, it seems like a big UPN clone with all the WB's good shows to prop it up.

What were everyone's favourite WB shows?

Archived