• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:o

That is hardcore!

And I know rap has some really graphic lyrics. And most of it, in my opinion, isn't really art so much as obscene because those REALLY graphic lyrics just have no redeeming values. Where every third lyric is a vulgar term for a body part or is an expletive.

As it relates to this thread, I just meant BSB's lyrics definitely crossed a line for a Christian artist. One needs no imagination to decipher such lyrics.

• Members

I don't see what is such a SHOCKER having someone that was in a boy band or girl group or having done any other form of secular music, suddenly decide to sing Christian music.

I wasn't all that SHOCKED with Michelle (from Destiny's Child) came out with a gospel CD

I wasn't all that surprised to hear R.Kelly singing gospel based music

I wasn't at all SHOCKED when Christina Aguilera came out with a Christmas album

Brian Littreal is a human being who may have made mistakes in his life; maybe his decision to move from pop music and to sing his praises to the Lord is something that he truly wanted to do.

Sometimes the littlest things celebrity figures do are taken way out of context and made into such a big deal

• Members

I knew he was Christian and he was at times uncomfortable with what the band was singing and doing in the videos. Once they were on Leno and Brian said he refused to do the song with them b/c there were sexy girls onstage(or was it in the video, not sure) and he said it was not right to sexualize them and use them in such a way.

• Members

DruRocks, that is one of my all-time favorite "South Park" episodes! "I wanna get down on my knees and start pleasing *****/ I wanna feel his salvation all over my face!"

Wow... that was a pretty shocking but funny episode. An excellent parody. Shocking but smart writing.

Anyway, it was actually Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh.;)

Is that the episode that Arthur came out of the closet?

Damn, I'm shocked to hear that. You don't see from "pretty" people a lot. (For the record, THAT'S why I find it so shocking, you guys; for such a beautiful, once megapopular person to ditch the strings that go along with that former lifestyle and take up a pure, religious life).

Anyway, the other reason I didn't expect that is because of that witch you once came on TV and said of him, 'Oh, I saw EVERYTHING!' and just acted like the biggest slut. I wrongly associated that skank whore with his true self.

Archived