Backstreet Boys Christian SHOCKER!!

JER Soaps Fan

• Members

OMG, I'm so shocked!

This song I like, "Welcome Home" comes on Christian radio and I finally decided to Google the lyrics to see who sings it. Well, imagine my shock and SURPRISE when I saw Brian Littrell, and then Googled that name and saw a familiar face from the Backstreet Boys. And then, to make sure it wasn't a Christian's cover of his secular song, I Googled his Web site and MySpace and record label and um, sure enough! He's singing for Jesus. Did anyone know?!!! :o

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah. Brian has been doing the gospel thing since he was a tot. He always talked (after BB split) of doing a solo Christian album. And evidently, he succeeded.

A few years ago, he had some heart problems and I believe that's when he really established his faith.

• Members

Kanewomen, had I known THAT, I'd agree, lol. But I distinctly remember some woman saying she got to have sex with him. And well, he wasn't her wife. And that's not so squeaky clean. Also, BSB had sexual songs, didn't they? Generally, someone of the Christian rock background don't believe in (or pretend not to believe in) such things. I did hear about his heart problems and agree that they may have contributed to his return to a life of faith. And it's not a bad thing. I was just shocked. I never realized that this one HUGE star was now singing Christian music. The shocking thing for me really, was hearing this song EVERY day on the radio, thinking it was great, thinking it was probably some newbie on the scene, and come to find out, it's this guy who once was part of an iconic pop group! That's pretty shocking! It's like Britney Spears suddenly singing gospel. I just haven't seen this done before.

• Members

Uh, yeah. He pretty much talked about doing a gospel album for quite sometime. It's not surprising at all. So what if he sang songs of a "sexual nature?" They had an image to sell, big whoop. I don't see what all the fuss is about. I could see if they sang nothing but utter filth but that is not the case.

• Members

Toadstool, you explained the lures thing to me just two days ago and it's still over my head.. :unsure:

Um, give a minute...

Scandalous lyrics from BSB's heyday:

If you want it to be good girl

Get yourself a bad boy

(Yeah I like this, ha ha)

If you want it to be wild

Gotta know just who to dial baby (that's me)

If you really like it hot

Get someone who hits the spot honey (oh yes)

:o

----

If you lay down, lay down beside me

You can get all inside me

And I can get all inside you too

If you lay down, lay down beside me

You can wake up beside me, forever

Forever and ever

Forever and ever, baby

:o:o

And I'm sure there are more filthy, not-so-"squeakyclean" lyrics out there that I missed.

And that was just a five-second Google.

• Members

Why is this such a big deal? Back in the late 70s, Donna Summer grew tired of her sexy image, embraced Christianity, and recorded some gospel songs.

Those BSB lyrics are downright innocent compared to the music that's out now, especially rap. JSF, if you listen to any hardcore rap song, you'd explode.

• Members

Okay, that is real fithly :rolleyes: GMAFB!

Here is something that is child's play compared to that:

And now he hollin hey lil mama can u give me a sip

Tryna lick somethin somethin bout as big a yo leg

Dis n**** yawn while he talkin so i knew he was red

And bout six in the mornin he forgot wat he said and i was

I was gettin some head

Gettin gettin some head

I was gettin some head

Gettin gettin some head

I was gettin some head

Gettin gettin some head

I was wit the kinda girl dat make yo toes curl