ATWT Fall Previews

• Members

So, basically I'm just going to sum up the fall previews that I think were in SOD (I read them on another message board, so if someone can verify, thanks :)). The mag interviewed JP and here's what she said about some storylines:

(EDIT: These are my own summaries from the article, so if you feel like I've left out anything that you think is important, feel free to add):

Jack/Carly/Simon/Katie/Mike:

She says that Simon and Carly have a lot of chemistry (:blink:), but that obviously Carly still considers Jack to have an important role in her life. And meanwhile, Katie keeps denying that she has any feelings for Simon, but there's hints that that's not really true (DUH!). Of course, Mike believes Katie no matter what, and refuses to trust anything that Simon does.

Emily/Paul/Meg:

Basically, it's the same s**t that's been happening for the entire year thus far. Paul's going to try to get involved in the baby's life and tries to work w/ Emily. Meg tries to stand by Paul, but sometimes it's challenging. It seems like Henry's going to be involved again in Emily's life (:(), and their relationship will "deepen" (whatever that means). Oh, and the Spawn is coming sometime in the fall. So watch out!!

Dusty/Lucy:

I guess they're going to go ahead w/ this relationship. (BLAH BLAH BLAH!!) :rolleyes: But obviously Dusty's still mourning Jen, and that gets in the way. And Craig and Barbara will be involved in this storyline too, though Jean doesn't say anything more about that. (My guess is, they'll try to stop it...which I wholeheartedly support).

Teens:

She doesn't want to give too much away. Will and Gwen's problems aren't going to be over. Jade's still focused on Will, but Luke is the only one who will pay attention to her. Something going to happen w/ Jade. Jean doesn't say anything, but she refers to the character as "stay tuned." She says that after the slasher storyline wraps up, Maddie won't be able to walk away "unscathed" from it...:o

Lily/Holden:

Lily comes out of her coma, but it's not that easy. Somehow Rose will be part of her "recovery."

The Hugheses:

There's going to be a reunion for the family members. Don't know if it's the return of one more Hughes...maybe 2?? This might be good, and finally the family will get a storyline.

Hal:

They're going to address the issue in the fall. Jean says that they owe it to the fans to deal w/ it responsibly.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^

Yes, I'm w/ you on that. I'll only watch to see the nuCraig and how Craig and Barbara are involved in it. But what's going to happen is that they're going to look like the "bad guys". I don't understand why Dusty and Lucy are that appealing. I don't see a lot of chemistry between the actors, and the couple themselves isn't that amazing...not enough that I'd support Dusty hooking up w/ another woman only 2 months after Jen's death. It makes me hate his character even more.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Hughes character returns. My guess one of Margo and Tom's kids...probably Adam, or maybe Lien, but I'd like to see one of Kim and Bob's kids return.

OT:

WTF is up w/ this board? It says that nobody's viewed the post, but obviously people have!! GRR!! :angry:

• Members

The Hughes back on the frontburner sounds too good to be true. I don't know if I can believe it, lol! Does this mean Tom and Margo on the frontburner? They've been working at it with Margo appearing so much recently. Maybe one of their kids will return.

• Members

The Hughes s/l does definitely seem too good to be true. JP makes it seem as if this will involve everyone (or at least the bulk) of the Hughes family: Nancy, Bob, Kim, Lisa, Tom, Margo, Casey, and whoever returns. But notice how in the teen segment, there's no mention of Casey, meaning that the Hughes s/l could just be about him.

Also, maybe I'm being paranoid, but the "reunion" might not be for a good thing. Are there any rumours of a Hughes being one of the slasher's victims? I know that there were rumours going around about Lisa and Tom at first (which is ludicrous IMO and would definitely offend a lot of longtime viewers) as well as Casey.

• Members

Zach Roerig wanted to leave, so it was the perfect opportunity to save some cash and create a big story if they go through with it. If this is done correctly I'm okay with it, I just worry that won't happen.

With the exception of this slasher story we NEVER see Margo, still we never see Tom. I can't see them being heavy on the frontburner like Carly or Emily and us seeing the full grieving process like we should. Hell, we didn't even get that for Barbara! It was all about Dusty. This will be all about the teens I bet.

• Members

The thing that bugs me is that, so it does seem like Casey is a goner (unless someone can verify otherwise), but they decide to axe one Hughes kid and bring on another? (Probably Adam) That makes absolutely no sense.

And I agree Chris. After seeing the awful way they handled the aftermath of Jen's death, I wouldn't be shocked if this turns into a "teen storyline." We'll see the family grieve for one week, and then the rest of the time it's going to be all about how Maddie and Casey's friends deal w/ it. This should, if anything, give the two most-neglected couples in Oakdale, Tom and Margo and Kim and Bob, at least some kind of storyline, especially Tom and Margo since it's the only child that they have together!

• Members

I agree. I cannot believe they're doing Lusty2, honestly I did like the couple when Peyton List played her, but now it seems like they're throwing Dusty in because they have nothing else for him to do.

The teen storyline is definately the story to watch, can't wait for the reveal.

Honestly, they should give Katie & Simon fans at least *something*. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Simon & Carly don't last long.

Thanks so much for the spoilers :)

• Members

From what I am reading, where it says Maddie doesn't go unscathed, I'm thinking that she will feeling that it is her fault that her sister did all that she did because of her being raped by Louis. Plus, she could be feeling this way too because her friends got hurt in the process.

If they kill off Casey, I'll be crushed. I really like the Masey romance, and to be honest, we got to see it blossom very briefly before all this started happening.

Archived