Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

No I meant Matt Miller.

He needs to be killed off and his child become a defacto daughter to V&N.She can still have issues with the Newmans and go back and forth with her feelings.

I envision that Matt and his daughter were very close as they criss crossed the world (wherever his work took him) Her mother died when she was young (or so she believes) In some ways, she is very worldy,but in other ways quite innocent.

She got involved with an older guy that Matt despised and the last time he was alive they argued over this,

Victor and Nikki insist she come to GC and she agrees.The boyfriend follows and he sees $$ signs.They agree to keep their relationship under wraps until he can be introduced as a new boyfriend. In the meantime,he meets Mariah and they connect. Nikki plays matchmaker and introduces her to a suitable young man (Paul's nephew? ) A quadrangle emerges.

Matt's daughter and the boyfriend could be new Latino characters.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah that not-too-subtle pause when Ashley mentioned John's death gave away what was obvious. It's too bad.

I'd love for MA to be the matriarch of the Abbott family since Aunt Jack has failed to replace John's role as head of the family. No regime has been able to accomplish that and it should've happened years ago. I guess Auntie's tantrums are easier to write for PB. 

And SSM making Ash a bitter woman is a seriously bad call, which is why Tracy is needed ASAP. 

• Members

Lord after KA said killing off John was a big mistake and told LML NOT to do it and they are supposedly killing off Dina??

Please register in order to view this content

And I agree MA should be living at the Abbott Mansion and Jill returns and has a cow. Instead they are getting rid of her?

• Members

Y&R barely introduced Neil's mom before killing her off.  Not to mention the regrettable decisions they've made to kill off  other characters in the past, like John and Colleen.  They need to think twice before offing Dina.

Traci is definitely needed to add some contrast here. Jill is also needed, I think, especially if they're going to keep mentioning Katherine. Surely there is material to be mined there. 

Throughout their long history, soaps have always had a matriarchal figure.  Sadly Y&R could do nothing to stop JC's passing but the role of a grande dame about town is missing and neither Jill nor Nikki can fill that role. B&B killed off Stephanie Forrester and has been lacking a strong matriarch ever since, especially since they obviously didn't want Mrs. Avant to fill that role.

What is CBS trying to say here?

• Members

That was also egregious but it started even before Liz was on her deathbed. Jill should've remained a Foster from a working class family who ascended into the upper echelons of society.  That never should've changed.  It stands out as one of the most stark examples of how Y&R has erased the middle and working class from the show.  Even the memory of it had to be erased.

SMH.

Archived