Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@ajsp35801 @edgeofnik I'm not sure what they were doing when they cast this guy playing Jordan. Terrible line delivery, not much chemistry with Valley Girl or Mishael Morgan, and instead of selling the charming hotshot photographer vibe they're pushing via the scripts....he just seems kind of goofy to me? I don't buy Cane or even Devon being threatened. I think Camryn Grimes could pull something interesting out of him but he's not the epic romancer they were going for.

I loved Victoria and Billy sticking it to Jack. I can't wait for Ashley to usurp him at Jabot, he's such an unlikable asswipe and this pairing with Gloria is nasty and ridiculous.

Chelsea and Nick still putting me to sleep but at least the Chloe blew up Adam wheels are finally turning. EH has nice chemistry with the guy playing Scott btw

I actually like Devon and Mariah but I'm loving independent Hillary even more 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm going to be honest. I hate Devon and Mariah pairing. Devon seems to be dating down with her. Hate it. 

But it won't be casual. Devon will marry that girl cause that's all Y&R knows. Hevon will need an impediment in getting back together after they wake up and she's going to play role of Neil. Cause clearly this Jordan thing ain't nothing. That's my speculation. 

I love independent Hilary too. That's the saving grace of this entire mess. I am rooting for her to take lowly GC Buzz and turn it into a brand empire worth as much as Devon's bank account. 

Agree about DK. His Jordan is some what of a threat Cane cause of his youth. But he doesn't have anything on Devon. He's a corn ball whose not very sexy. Hilary is also dating down here. 

• Members

But they MIGHT be setting up, in a non-subtle way, the big reveal that Jordan is in the closet.

If not, then maybe they could ignore JW's preferences and recast Colin with someone younger and more charismatic.

• Members

They're not. You know they're not. This show is one scene away being set in the 1950s.

Jordan actually reminds me quite a bit of the way Shemar used to double down on his "blaccent" when Malcolm was supposed to be super cool and suave. This dude goes for the deep black dude baritone. It feels like a put on to me. 

• Members

I've heard him talking on snap chat. That's his normal voice, I do believe. However, you're correct about the "blaccent". He's being modeled after SM's Malcolm. We are supposed to drool over him. It's falling short. No drool. Just side eye from me. 

I know this is off topic but...see, this is why I'm skeptical over a Dru recast. The show can't duplicate certain things and looks stupid trying. Jordan is coming off as a caricature much like DMs Harmony did. MiM is making it work though. I just love her. 

• Members

Yes! Plus Tyler already had a history with Lily, Cane, Devon, Mariah, Abby...and knew hilary.  The only drawback would be the show hinted that Hilary was his sister. They'd have to deal with that first. Nothing one episode couldn't clear up. 

But RWs Tyler is another the show at times made into a caricature. But before he left, they'd stopped pushing that "Malcolm 2.0" bit with him and the character was much better for it. 

• Members

Which was the right thing to do, it was a huge hanging thread. Katherine left Jill that music box in her will, it held the key to closure for the 40+ year relationship of two main characters.

The only problem with the music box was the incompetent writers. They should of despised themselves for doing such a crappy job the first time around. They kept going around in circles, going off on tangents, and dropping & picking up the story. Thank goodness they were fired! Too bad they had the reigns when JC died and ruined Katherine's ending. 

The music box turned into a ring in one day, and given to Jill a couple days later, so there was no wild goose chase this time. Even though I was thought Katherine would have left Jill Chancellor Industries in her will to say she was sorry, and to redeem herself for murdering Phillip, what could Sally do if Jill already had it? The ring was a great idea. And because we found out that Kay kept that ring from Jill all these years, I'm glad Jill went out and got Phillip's company on her own, instead of having it handed to her by Katherine. Kay didn't deserve to be redeemed for killing Phillip.

Sharon's daughter is dating down? Poor Mariah has had a tough life, and in spite of it all she's turned into a pretty nice person. As she did with Kevin, I think Mariah going to get the short end of the stick here. She keeps dating guys who are hopelessly hooked on someone else.

Archived