GH - December 2015 Discussion

• Members

It's awful.   This is now four years of this , and two years since she wasn't blackmailed or kidnapped and went off happily and voluntarily to save Jason.   Even if GH spins it where she was "taken", you can't do something for two solid years and then have a one day conclusion with no drama, no climax, no nothing.   It's shlock writing, it's typical soap writing.   She was taken for some evil reason.   Doesn't the show owe it to the story to have the villains be just one step away from success only to have the good guys save the day?   This was just "ok Robin, we're bored with this so we will kill you.  Whatever you were working on doesn't matter".   If it wasn't going to matter in the end, then why start it in the beginning?   Isn't that the old saying, if you see a gun in act 1, it better be going off in act 3?   This was nothing.   They had Robert back, they could have come up with something.

Or maybe they couldn't.   This is the writing team that felt the big Jason reveal was dramatically well served by having Carly tell Jason in private and Jason not care about it.   It's the same writing team that have had Sonny in a wheelchair for months and then have no story about it.   Can't he at least fake paralysis or something, or maybe decree he is not good enough for Carly because she deserves more than a guy in a wheelchair?  That corny story is probably as old as soaps themselves but it is at least a story.   And I have no idea what they are doing with evil genius Paul.   Here he is scheming to be in Tracy's good graces, so why is he sleeping with Ava?  How does that help him?  For that matter why did he even kill Sloane?  He didn't do anything with this information he has on Anna, so why did kill him?   How did that serve his scheme?   He wanted Anna to think she killed Carlos, but why?  All Paul did was make Anna a cop with the authority to investigate his own crimes.    And why hasn't Anna told Felicia she won the mayoral race yet?   She knows Carlos is alive, what is she waiting for?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carly hated Robin long before she ever revealed Michael's paternity, probably because she was in Carly's way. Those of us who were subjected to the never-ending torture that was Cottage Hell can attest to what a shrew Carly was. Never mind Robin had helped raise Michael while Carly was away melting down, Carly is not a creature who does grateful. It was perplexing that Carly was so ugly to Robin when Robin was keeping her big secret; then again Carly has never been accused of being very bright. I couldn't stand Robin, Carly or Jason, who was the biggest weenie ever for letting himself be manipulated in that story. There were no good guys in Cottage Hell. When Robin finally spilled to AJ, that was the only time I ever liked her. Yes! I only wished she had thrown Carly, Jason and Michael out on their butts a long time before the reveal and saved us all that time and frustration.

The Robin and Patrick scenes was the only watchable stuff. All the sports talk:rolleyes:between Dillon,Val, Sam and Jason was so  forced. Franco and Nina being romantic:rolleyes:gave me diarrhea. This is not ''Smart TV'' this is a soap on it's death throes. I do wish a talent EP and HW would take over GH like Marland/Monty once did but i don't think that will ever happened.:blush:

• Members

Oh give me a break GH is fantastic right now the ratings are way up people. U have no concept of snarttv. Robin and Patrick it's a fairytale happy ending it's what the fans deserve. We didn't have 6 more months as Jason T is filming at YR and Kim only had availability for a short return. We are lucky Scrubs are getting the Cindarella story treatment. Jelly are so good to the fans for doing it.

• Members

Stans celebrating trash is what helped kill Daytime!  A slight increase that is NEVER maintained from week to week is nothing, and TIIC know this.  Deep down, so do you.  GH is slightly less of an embarrassment with Ron out but nonetheless an embarrassment!  If you don't ask for better, you will never get better.  Yesterday's show was the last show of the year, and it set up nothing for the beginning of 2016.  What we do know ATP is that the murderers, terrorists and serial killers will have a great year because they are the happiest folks in PC as everyone in town talks about how Jason walks on water. More trash in the foreseeable future, and that's sad.  

• Members

Chit just because Jelly are taking a quieter, slower more emotional way of storytelling doesnt mean 2016 won't be great. We are getting scenes rich in subtext and dialogue something I am not seeing on any of the other 3. It's anything but embarrassing it went from campy choppy mess aka the horrid Denise crap. Jelly have saved Nina I hated her under RC she was a pyscho with no purpose. Her scenes with Franco we're character driven plus loving the Crimson stuff with Maxie. It took Jelly a good 6 to 9 months for things to click at YR once it did they were replaced with plot driven trash that goes so fast that all character development is thrown out window. This is refreshing this was all missed Guza too. Plot driven excitement over character driven stories. I told u that u need to get kind of lost in smarttv. What Jelly is doing is damn refreshing 

• Members

Ninny and Frankles have never been real GH characters, just over-hyped actors with zero contribution to any story. That's all they've been, all they are ever going to be. I liked Stafford as Phyllis, enough, and Howarth as original recipe Todd....but neither belong in Port Chuck, and if they just stopped appearing, no one would give two chits!   (Much like most of RC's creations)

Archived