B&B July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members
Though it would make sense, I'd be very surprised if they did that. For a few reasons: 1) it's expnsive if they already have it in can; 2) it just happened a week ago (preemption); 3) because of B&B's format and short show, they can easily rejigger future episodes if they need to (see LG accident and how they adjusted), especially since they'd have seven full weeks before the Labor Day/Tennis short week - having opp for two long cliffhangers since not on that Monday or Friday. It's just so odd after keeping this secret - now I get why the onscreen guide had such confusing and sometimes slightly off descriptions of episodes. They clearly were smart on that front.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with those who say that Friday's episode was a mess. I compliment the show when they deserve it but I don't understand why B&B sometimes jumps ahead after a cliffhanger or really action packed episode. On Thursday's episode, Thorne was going on about getting his daughter on the jet to get to Paris and certain therapy, only to what? Go back upstairs and twiddle his thumbs? Friday's episode, he strolls downstairs and casually ask if Aly's come back? Why wouldn't anyone even leave Thorne (or any Forrester) a voicemail indicating an emergency and please call back?

After a big show and an afterparty, Ivy and Liam are back at Forrester? And Ivy who is supposedly grief stricken, why is she there? Was she looking for the phone directory to call Thorne and was so out of it that she didn't realize she could have just gone home and found the number? There's no indication what she was even doing at Forrester at night. Not even going to mention the Zende & Nicole scenes which seemed terribly out of place. I don't have a problem juxtaposing grief and hopeful scenes in an episode but this was at night, after the big show and neither Nicole nor Zende seemingly had any pressing work to do. Why were they even there?

It reminds me of that episode after the day that Rick, after his car accident and in anger, went to attack Ridge. The next episode, Ridge was downstairs and he eventually tells Brooke what happened. Why couldn't we see what happened? Did B&B not want to be bothered with the details?

Just strangely incomplete and unsatisfying.

• Members

Nicole and Zende have backburner written all over them. They have no story, just scenes.

I was also not a big fan of her acting. But on Friday she was better than on Wednesday and Thursday.

On the other hand I'm really starting to dig Ivy now that she's not longer a wallflower. And that ponytail looks great on her (and on JMW too btw)

• Members

I was thinking about it again and the only reason the episode was badly continued is to give Bradley Bell wiggly room to bring back Ally alive down the road. She might be faking her death and has Steffy sent off to jail. Or she really is dead but Bell realizes he made a mistake and brings her back down the road alive living with Thorne in Paris.

• Members

Whatever day it was, it was an indisputable mess of an episode.

I was thinking of that as a possibility too. They wouldn't have to show a body but to do such a jump like that and place people back at Forrester when we know most of the staff has gone home after the Fashion Show and afterparty (possibly drunk from too much revelry) comes off as incredibly messy, especially seeing as how B&B had been paying more attention to detail lately.

• Members

I mean, I definitely sensed some f^#%ery/a fakeout in the works, but in any case, it was executed very poorly. So many things to take into consideration... Aly's car would have had to have been towed, Steffy still had a flat tire, and I don't believe for a second that in her state she could have completed the job. Surely one of the cops on site must have done that for her and I don't believe that they would just let her drive herself home without calling her emergency contact, let alone, taken her and Ivy in for questioning. It was like a bad dream. Too many holes. I'd like to know what B&B envisions as the real-time timeline of events.

• Members

It never takes BB long to disappoint me. That "crime" scene should have been great emotional chaos with WH/Thorne leading it. He should have been going at Steffy as folks try to calm him. Steffy should be hystercal as Ivy blamed her. What did we get? Ivy back at the office and Thorne storming out and probably won't be seen for a few months when he's reflecting back to when he lost Aly. Meanwhile, she'll be skulking around plotting. So not interested!

• Members

thanks to YT, I saw the episode and it makes no sense why Ivy has a recording. I dont get it. She was driving, so she decided to flip to her camera app and hit record? Im trying to process that. It sounds stupid. I dont like Ivy insisting that Steffy murdered Aly

I also thought i had missed an episode and was confused by YT at first bc i didnt like how the show ended and picked up. B&B has had choppy transitions like this over the past couple of months that has bothered me

I know this has little to do with her but I didnt like the juxtaposition of Maya being all happy about her life while they were switching back to Aly being dead. Ugh to the whole Maya character

• Members

Or how about Thorne showing up at the accident scene (by the way you can't be declared dead until county coroner says so). So while massive numbers of police, crime scene, traffic investigators (I know this from my work), would be on the scene, etc. While Steffy and Ivy are in shock, Thorne shows up on highway only to relive Darla's death and now his daughter. How powerful would that have been? More and more, I'm thinking Aly was knocked out, wakes up and Thorne knowing that she would be jailed/institutionalized greases the wheels with that Forrester money and takes her to France. I suppose I could accept these 'gaps' if that's why door is open. But if we see Aly's body at funeral, I will be seriously disappointed with that transition

• Members

You know how it goes with soaps, if you don't see that body...and with B&B, we know even a body in a casket could still mean the person will return alive in the future (I'm looking at you, Taylor!).

Even if Aly is not dead and spirited away, it doesn't explain the weird placement of Steffy (how did she even get home?) and Ivy at Forrester on Friday's episode. Why were any of those people even at Forrester after the Fashion Show and after party??

Ridge wasn't there and he's CEO.

If B&B wanted to get Zende and Nicole out of the mansion, they could have had scenes at Dayzee's cafe but then I guess we would missed another opportunity to see Nicole do the silly runway walk (please let her drop the idea of becoming a model again).

I'm sorry, I just can't get over how disjointed that episode was. It's almost like they put together a bunch of jump cut scenes and edited scenes that they were 'on the fence' about and strung them together.

In isolation the scenes weren't bad but as a whole, it was just a mess.

• Members

This thread gives me a headache. laugh.png I just caught up, and they go and kill Aly! That was a shocker. Didn't see any of that coming at all. But, I've read a few replies, and people are already calling a faked death! Hence the headache.

ITA about Friday's episode being a mess. People disappeared randomly; others appeared at unbelievable locations for no real reason other than they were using that set for filming that week. The aftermath could have been great, but it fizzled like week old champaign. I'm really disappointed they killed off Aly, anyway; I think it was an unnecessary plot twist. As was Steffy throwing away the tyre iron. As soon as she did that, I knew exactly the direction this was going in - the wrong one. I think I'm going to have to leave my disbelief at the door for this story, as I can see them glossing over police procedure and crime scene analysis.

I knew that Thorne would not be the driving force of his own daughter's death. They never give him much to do, and this will be no different.

I hated the inclusion of Nicole/Zende, as their scenes felt so inappropriate and jarring with Aly's death - pointless, too.

• Members

So once again, Brad jumps ahead right to the memorial. Skipping all the reactions from Oliver and the rest of the family. The montage was very well done though. sad.png

Pierson Fode debuted as Thomas today. He didn't do much today, so time will tell if he can act. We've never had a Thomas that could act, so hopefully third time is the charm.

Archived