Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess it hasn't occurred to them that they don't share many scenes because there was a problem? I thought it was very odd that they didn't have more scenes when Summer's accident hurt Chelsea and her baby. Not sure there is a connection obviously, but I actually thought about it at the time. It seemed like a dropped thread.

• Members

I wanna say the Daily Mail posted a photo of a scene where she is wearing just a bra and he is in it. I don't recall the scene, but I found it funny that they found that photo.

I wanna say the Daily Mail posted a photo of a scene where she is wearing just a bra and he is in it. I don't recall the scene, but I found it funny that they found that photo.

• Members

Logan was the one who ran down the other bloggers championing Muhney and screaming about the injustice at the start. He told them all to heel and they slunk away and stopped talking about it even as the story broke several weeks ago. They waited until TMZ took it, even though everyone knew.

Logan is a sycophant, but he's of a higher order than most of them that are still out there now. He is older and has been around a long time. Sometimes he still knows when to hold 'em and fold 'em.

• Members

I always thought Blake Hood was creepy. I never understood where that grassroots movement came from overnight to try and act like he was some phenom. He was even more random than the push behind Marcy Rylan. "Marcy doesn't need daytime! She's gonna be in the picture show cuz JFP cut her loose! You'll be seein' her on the CW!" I like Rylan on GH, I think she's talented, I prefer her to Julie Berman right now as Lulu, but some one of a kind, incandescent talent she is not. Blake Hood was even less so - he was just strange and off-putting.

I've always liked Hunter King when I saw her on the show. I didn't realize she was related to Joey King, but they look and sound exactly alike. I think she's a really talented young actress stuck in some dead-dog stories. If she was really Jack's daughter there might be something there, but everything else in her story sphere stinks.

• Members

The person who broke the news here also said the actor who plays Fen was a witness to one of Muhney's groping incidents with Hunter King.

They obviously did some internal investigation, and there was probably a ton of [!@#$%^&*] evidence and witnesses against this guy. Some fans are just so blind when it comes to their favourites.

• Members

If that is the ONLY outcome of the mess, it would be party time. Really though, Branco has been so slimed by his support of MM that I really believe that this is the end of him. Yes, he will try to hang on, but this is going to be thrown in his face forever and any actor who goes to him for support will get the exact same treatment.

• Members

You know, as crazy as some of those people and their behavior make me there's nothing to be done for it. It might as well be a whole other universe. And most of them don't learn, they just get amnesia. You can flip on a dime about some issue and not have to reconcile it with anything you said previously. There's no point in trying to push back against that, it'll just make you nuts.

The fact is that a lot of those people, however much I dislike their attitude about it, are just doing what they gotta do. Soaps are down to four on the network dial and people are still trying to make Best Of lists and play out fantasy football with the actors going to and from each show or whatever, and that's because that kind of meta-gaming is more and more all most of the soap press has left. They've gotta make a story or make a grassroots movement out of this actor or that story or show or whatever because if you don't make the news in daytime, if you don't create those kind of electric touchstones, then often there is no news but a long, slow decline. I'm not excusing it, because I hate it. But I understand it, and I understand why it doesn't change no matter how the circumstances do. What they know is all they've got left to do.

As for Nelson Branco, I really don't think he has a career left. I think what was left of that died with the Kristian Alfonso Affair. AFAIK he just sold or licensed a preexisting puff piece from his pamphlet (say it five times fast) to HuffPo. Which seems to be turning into a slightly glossier Examiner.

• Members

Regarding the Daily Mail UK article on this news, does Y&R air in the UK? Would they even care about about this if Y&R doesn't air over there?

I know Y&R is aired in Australia so I wouldn't be suprised if they are running this news but the Daily Mail thing did suprise be because I didn't know if the UK aired Y&R. Australian viewers seems to be big down there though I don't really know just that some Y&R actors seem to make trips down there to promote the show.

• Members

Y&R's been aired sporadically in the UK over the years on very niche channels, never for long periods of time though. Y&R's biggest international market outside of North America is France, I believe.

I think episodes from the mid-2000's were aired from 2007-2010 on the CBS Drama cable network in the UK, and the show hasn't aired there since.

Archived