DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't understand why Ashley Benson's Abby has been seemingly erased from the timeline. It seemed like Hogan Sheffer had big plans for Max & Abby, but stalled it till Farah Fath exited, but by that point AB was ready to move on and TPTB accommodated her. JER didn't do much with her, but Abby, even as a child, was 100% aligned with Jack . . . even to the point of irrationally resenting Jennifer for, like, everything. That's why this version of Abby has always felt so bs to me. That and the fact that she was significantly de-aged . . . when everyone returned from "Melaswen" in 2004, Abby was sixteen (and hilariously giving Julie, her guardian, hell) and Chelsea's link to the canvas pre-Georgia reveal. While I appreciate her being on the show and have grown quite fond of KM, this character got a 100% do-over.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never got the impression that Abby was deaged. Her age was never stated onscreen and people just assumed that bc she was still in school and they had her hanging out with Will's and his friends. I thought that was more about there not being many 20 somethings on the show so they just merged the young set and teens to give more story potential. They had her with Melanie as well who clearly wasn't Will's age. As for school, its quite reasonable she could have taken time off, especially since she was in Europe. Abby always read as early to mid 20s to me and pairing up with Cameron (who has to be mid to late 20s) seemed more in line with that as his age was never an issue

• Members

I feel like the character of Abby has always been slightly aged up and down a little. I remember even in the early 2000s pre Ashley Benson they got rid of the blond twins who played her for a younger girl (or at least a younger appearing girl) and it appeared then that they de-aged her at least 2 years.. then Julian Claire took over the role and they aged her from 10ish to 13ish to make her a teenager. The character of Abby has always fluctuated some in her age.. but I'm grateful she has stayed somewhat consistent (unlike EJ)

• Members

Disappointed that for the next six weeks we're going to be watching the "hunt for the blue flash drive." I mean, c'mon, Victor's blue drive is same as Kristen and Marlena conveniently can't open it and drops in purse. We all know she grabbed the wrong one. Seriously. Kristen can be so clever to create this intricate scheme to bed Eric, but can't upload the film to a cloud or put the flash drive in a safety deposit back (if she wants her "insurance").

I also "love" the Marlena hypocrisy telling Nicole that she is too impulsive, etc. and that she (Nicole) didn't even question Marlena when she asked her to help her. It seems to me, that Marlena is the one in the wrong in that she manipulated and preyed on Nicole's weaknesses, even though Marlena, the supposed saint and wise-one, should know better. I know get why they want Marlena to always "win" over Kristen.

• Members

I know it means little in the grand scheme of things, but I found Marlena to be cruel to Nicole. Yes, she spoke the truth about Nicole and impulse control and Nicole knew it was the truth, but Marlena was a cold biotch. And yes, Marlena used Nicole and tossed her after she was done. Perhaps Nicole should of known, not sure.

• Members

Melinda keeps calling everyone in Sami's family yet she doesn't call EJ. This makes no sense to me especially since he is likely to have the most information that could incriminate her and putting him on the stand puts him in a position to perjure himself, which she could also use against him

Dang they were all so intent on banking on the money being used to prove the guy was a dirty cop but it wouldn't have proven anything. For all they know he may have had a gambling addiction no one knew about

• Members

Not much to say about any of the current storylines. So Abby lost her v-card and Chad was indeed lying to Cameron about his diagnosis. I can't seem to find any interest in Gabi/Will/Sonny arguing at their apartment. I'm a little confused/intrigued, though, about what Nick was writing on his computer the other week. In Sami's storyline, the prosecution seems to have all the witnesses. Not sure who will be left to testify for the defense. Where is Kristen? She seems to be about the only one I'm interested in watching and haven't seen her yet this week.

Archived