• Members

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/the-young-and-the-restless/the-sharon-case-interview-the-young-and-the-restless-3/2013/07/15/

SOME EXCERPTS.......

On today’s episode Sharon sees Cassie, and that precipitates the reveal that Sharon switched Summer’s paternity results. Why do you think she came to her at this time?

SHARON:

My take on Sharon talking to Cassie, from Sharon’s point of view, is this: Sharon has always been very spiritual. She was a spiritually religious young lady. Remember, when she was with Adam at the feet of angels at the graveyard, and she had gone to seek out the psychic? Sharon believes in all things in the spiritual world. She spends a lot of time at the graveyard since Cassie passed away. Sharon really does believe that she is connected to the spiritual world, and that she does have some kind of communication with it. In some way, that makes sense to her. I think she feels, in really trying times in her life, extra communication with her daughter, and that spiritual mother/daughter connection will never end. When she sees Cassie, she always feels that is her guardian angel. Nick and Sharon have always said that she is. They have always told the other kids that, “Cassie is their guardian angel and watching out for them, and if you really listen, you can hear what she is saying.” Sharon is really listening right now to hear what Cassie is saying.

MICHAEL:

How do you feel about Michelle Stafford (Phyllis) leaving the show? You two have had a lot of amazing scenes over the years!

SHARON:

We have had a lot of amazing scenes! I remember I was in Paris not that long ago and they were showing me what episode was airing there. It was Phyllis and Sharon arguing in one of their typical fights in the Restless Style office, back when Sharon was working there, and Sharon was married to Jack. I thought, “That really brings me back. We really had a lot of stuff!” There was so much that I forgot a lot of it! I think the triangle of Sharon/Nick/Phyllis went on for a very long time. It was a fantastic triangle. But eventually these triangles end, and they eventually move on to some new triangle. What I think was we sort of merged out of that to the Nick/Sharon/Adam triangle. We just barely merged in to that, but I see that is the triangle that is coming for the future. Before Sharon/Nick/Phyllis, it was Sharon/Nick/Grace, and people loved that one! Those things last for a period of time and then you move on to the next one, and then the next one is even bigger and better. I think, as far as the Phyllis character, I think that maybe that character has played this part of its storyline out. If the character were to come back for any reason, I don’t know if it would be the same storyline, as now this is moving in a direction and progression that the show has to take. The show has to keep moving. But once you get a really good triangle, it’s good to stick with them. We usually do stick with them for four or five years, or more. I am excited about where the storyline is going now.

MICHAEL:

Now that this reveal is out, do you think we will see more of Sharon and Adam?

SHARON:

I think in the future that is ultimately where it may go, but that is not what is happening right now. It is my guess that the future of it is the triangle of Nick/Sharon/Adam. I just don’t see it being someone else in the triangle. These are the men in her orbit. I am not saying she is going to get back with Nick, and then get together with Adam, and go back and forth. That is not what I am saying. My writers did not tell me this, that is just my projection, and it’s my impression of what is happening, because after all, these are the men that have been in Sharon’s life for a while now. It just makes sense.

The whole interview is worth reading for the "Huh? Say What Now?" factor alone.....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, that's stupid. Maybe if Kyle and Summer had some great chemistry it might justify this nonsense but they don't. The real story here is Jack as Summer's father and they've wasted a real opportunity for a Y&R classic. Idiots.

• Members

For the first half Case seemed to think she was playing Shirley Maclaine.

Shameful to use mental illness to justify shock value stories. I've lost track of how many times they've done this with Sharon.

I bust a gut laughing when Case said they were "crossing their fingers" that Michelle Stafford won't return.

That interview went on and on. So much pointless blather about Adam (and damn Muhney creeps me out in those photos). So much blather about Cassie. I hate the way the show uses Cassie to justify the vile behavior of Sharon and Nick. It cheapens her. And her death scenes are overrated.

The best part of that was the collage of Peter Bergman making his usual silly faces.

• Members

Sharon was a religious character? Maybe when she first got on the show but I don't believe it to be the case now as there's no evidence supporting that claim.

I think she's justified this storyline gone terribly awry (I guess she kind of has to in order to get through it) but I don't get what she was saying about the possibility that Jack could turn out to be Summer's father in the end? Wait, didn't she switch the results and state that Nick was Summer's father? That I do not get!

Also, I think it's a big ask to expect people to sit through years of this, knowing that she switched it to see another reversal or revelation years down the road. The writing is just not that interesting to sustain that interest at this point. If it were, it would be possible to keep viewers tuned in, but not at the pace that JG et al, are writing these stories! I need something more than the Carmine/Lauren/Michael story to keep me interested.

Someone in the comments section accused SC of being cold and indifferent about losing Jeanne Cooper and Michelle Stafford leaving. I think she is sorry at the loss of Jeanne but Michelle, well...not so much.ph34r.png JMO.

I personally cannot take a merry go round with Nick/Sharon and Adam, so if this is what they intend to do, I think this is where I'll be disembarking the Merry Go Round. I do not want another ride on that.

I still don't see what they intend to do with Camryn Grimes. I hope she's getting a great paycheck from this because so far, she's being wasted. I wish her well and perhaps she'll get a nice film role where she won't have to be subjected to too much more of this schlock.

PB and HK have done some good work in this but it seems rather pointless now, if this is where they intend to go. You can't jerk the audience around 6 ways til Sunday (which appears what they intend to do) and expect them to hang in and enjoy. At least not discerning viewers.

Well, I wasn't one of those tuning in, I was watching online at best, so I guess I'm not the viewer Y&R should be concerned with anyway but YIKES.huh.pngohmy.png

• Members

Didn't the show do a similar story with Cole and Victoria? Where the audience was lead to believe that Cole was Victor's son and Victor had to rush to keep Cole from sleeping with Victoria or marrying her or something, and then it turned out Cole wasn't Victor's son after all?

Correct me if I'm wrong - this was before my time.

• Members

For a short while Victoria and Cole thought they might have been brother and sister. It didn't last very long.

The difference between both is people were really invested in Billy and Mac as a couple, and Victoria and Cole (I guess - I didn't like them but they had a substantial amount of buildup with the whole Victoria/Cole/Nikki story). The audience was pretty invested in those pairings... I don't think the same is true for Summer and Kyle.

Archived