AMC: Monday, May 20, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

It sounds like the show hasn't decided on the gender of David and Cara's baby since both she and JR both referred to her "child" and not her son or daughter. For David's sake, I hope it's a boy because being the daughter of David Hayward is a death sentence.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think they will do anything romantic with David/Angie. Angie are destined to be the AA Joe and Ruth which is fine by me. I want then to butt heads over David and such, sure, but I don't see why Angie would have an affair.

I also don't see why JR would want to let David know about the kid(who, yes, NEEDS to be a boy!). He knows David hates him and Cara has been nothing but nice to him. There is nothing he can gain at this point. Also, JR doesn't need anything romantic for the foreseeable future. Let him get his stuff together first.

I was fine with Bianca's rant but her slap was kinda pathetic.

Aj/Miranda- I kinda want this to move slowly. Actually I would love for a slightly off-kilter Emma to come back. She and AJ can bond over their wackadoo parents and Miranda can get jealous.

• Members

Billy Clyde hit that cop with the tambourine, that was too funny. That lotto ticket blessing woman was over top funny too, she acted like she was about to pass out.

David bringing up Jesse hiding the truth about Cassandra from Angie was an instigator move.

Pete knew that Celia would let him sleep in the bed, he just acted nice enough to make sure she'd let him. In the preview, Opal was calling Celia a vixen, but Pete is more of the aggressor, not Celia. No guy does all that for girl without expecting to yield a dividend at some point.

JR and Cara have good chemistry so far.

Bianca sure went off on JR. I've been waiting on that scene since it was featured in the first promo video.

• Members

Before Rosie gets here, I'm just going to lay out my Jesse/Angie/David stuff.

I don't really want to see Angie cheat, I wouldn't blame her if she did but it doesn't seem consistent with her character. As I said before, the audience was completely cheated of the fallout from the baby switch. That was teed up to be a long arc story involving half the town as Jesse struggled to bond with the baby and overcome his guilt, Jake and Cara figuring out what happened, David skulking around and blackmailing Jesse, the truth coming out and the real, truthful, ugly consequences to J&A's marriage and family. We got none of that. Instead, once the hammer came down, Jesse suddenly bonded with the baby, Angie forgave everything and we got a big happy Hubbard family photo. I was fine with that because I thought it was the end but now that it isn't, let's stir some [!@#$%^&*] up.

J&A are LONG overdue for some serious problems. As Khan laid out, Jesse's history of lying to Angie for her own good, especially when it comes to their children, needs to be addressed. I think it would make perfect sense for Angie to question what her relationship with Jesse is really based on given the huge egregious lies she's forgiven over and over. In the meantime, Jesse needs to do some real soul searching about why he treats her that way and this is where Tad, Greg or Liza - especially Liza - would be a perfect foil for him, especially if we can get Frankie and Natalia back because that's another relationship that should be more dramatic than it was allowed to be. J&A's son vs. the secret daughter he had with his white wife?! In what other world, would they be bestest buddies?

Like I said, I'm torn on David/Angie as a couple but part of me would like watching David treat Angie like a desirable woman who makes him feel things other than friendship and to show her that there's more to her than Saint Angie the Eternally Forgiving Earth Mother and Healer.

There's just so many story possibilities here. We have actors who are up to the challenge and Black Agnes shining her countenance upon us from the Motherland. I say let er rip.

• Members

Loved Binks & JR. Can see both sides & AJ is so torn

I do see a JR/Cara thing happening

Pete/Ceia is too fast and they were in Todd's hotel room from OLTL.

Speaking of OLTL, why didnt Pete take her to Llanview and to Shelter. They could have used that set and showed them dancing. It was a missed opportunity for me.

Love David & Angie's friendship

Never saw Billy clyde on ABC version but so love him

• Members

Actually, Eden seems to be channeling CBL in some of her scenes. CBL matured Bianca beyond the whiny version that Eden had portrayed. Now that Eden has taken over again, she has maintained some of what made CBL's Bianca popular with segments of the audience.

I'm wondering if some of these scenes that JLP are in were filmed first? That said, I don't think I could have seen her as Miranda. I'm wondering if perhaps JLP would do better with a character with edge? I don't get why soaps think good girls can't have backbones and an edge?

I don't buy EN as an actor, period. Can we get a break from AJ/Miranda for a day or two like we did with Pete/Celia?

I'll be up for JR/Cara, he will probably date her to piss off David and she'll probably date him as a means to keep him quiet about the baby.

Some nice upcoming scenes for the next episode. Angie/Billy Clyde look interesting, Opal seems to want to blame Celia for being a seductress... has she met Celia!?!? Of course, Opal has never been a good judge of character hence her marriage to Ray, and briefly dating his unbalanced brother a few years back.. so it is consistent with her character to think her son is innocent and pure BAHAHA

David and Angie should stay as friends.. I agree that I get hints of Roger/Maureen from GL when I see them together. Plus, I think Angie and Jesse should go to couples counseling.. because I think they never dealt with the fact that while he was gone for twenty years, they both changed. I'm not saying break them up, but examine their marriage and become stronger in the long run.

• Members

I'm thinking that dinner and clubbing in NYC is a little more romantic than a trip to the next town over to hang out in Llanview's answer to Confusion.

Really, the last thing AMC needs is to crossover with OLTL especially since OLTL is still dealing with crap from the GH crossover.

• Members

Rebecca and Jesse were never married.

Lifetime fans of Angie and Jesse might not be able to stomach an affair by Angie and David.

Frankie and Natalia would probably walk out on Angie if she were to have an affair with David and Natalia would side with her father against her step-mother and Frankie might get tired of all of them and walk out.

Cassandra has a father. Enter Jacob Foster (Darnell Williams).

Angie would lose her reputation with the citizens of Pine Valley and be the talk of town if an affair happened between Angie and David. People would see her as a low life like they see David.

Revisiting the baby switch would mean the show is not moving forward.

There is/was talk/discussion about Angie and Jesse being the upstanding family ala Joe and Ruth Martin. Passing the baton.

Finally, Vincent Irizarry has already said in many interviews to date that the friendship pairing with David and Angie won't be a romantic one but the fact that Angie challenges David to be a better person.

But, in order for the show to survive, new storylines and a forward progressive stance has to happen, thus other characters need better airtime and focus. and maybe less David and Angie airtime. Besides we need to see Cassandra in group therapy and other powerful storylines that need to come front and center.

and Susan Lucci is supposed to be meeting with PP this week on story/coming back things. and thus could change everything about the entire show itself.

• Members

Nope. You MUST watch whether you think the show is crap or not (which cannot be true, since AMC is all kinds of awesome). Because, if you don't, AMC will go away forever and it will be All. Your. Fault.

;)

• Members

I totally cannot believe that caught on, lol.

To me, Jesse lies to Angie so often, because he wants to shield her from the harshness of life. I can't condone any of the lies he's told her; however, I could understand why he's told them. The problem for me, though, is that Angie wasn't someone who came from a traumatic background, nor has she existed in some fairy tale-like bubble where she has known only joy and merriment. From the beginning, Angie has been a very no-nonsense, down-to-earth person who is all too aware that life is never easy or simple. IOW, as much as Jesse loves Angie, I don't believe he knows her.

Archived