Daytime Emmy Nominations on GMA- LIVE THREAD

juniorz1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jason Thompson better win for lead actor. I refuse to see Bergman or Muhney walk away with Emmy.

Finola & Laura should've been in lead actress; however, Flannery needs walk away the award.

I might be in the minority but I want KKL to win. Zucker & Egan I'll be fine with too, but I don't want Collins to win. Her winning would mean Avery being shoved down our throats even more.

Billy Miller is winning supporting period. No use in debating that category.

I pray that Max Erich & Hunter Smith walk away with the younger actor/actress Emmy. They were good this past year. I wish that Daniel Polo wasn't snubbed b/c he deserved it from his performance too, and he pulled at my heart strings, which is hard to do.

• Members

I'd like Doug Davidson, Susan Flannery, Scott Clifton, Katherine Kelly Lang, Max Ehrich & Hunter King.

I'd like Doug Davidson, Susan Flannery, Scott Clifton, Katherine Kelly Lang, Max Ehrich & Hunter King.

• Members

Hooray for Katherine Kelly Lang! Granted, it should've been in lead, but I'll take it! Wasn't she mostly supporting last year to the Liam/Steffie/Hope triangle? I like how GMA's Robin Roberts said, "Finally!" and mentioned that she's a longtime fan of hers and this is her first nomination. That's like the first time I've heard a mainstream person mention B&B; normally, the soap is just there.

Also glad for Arianne Zuker. I hope she or KKL take the win.

Glad for Chandler and Freddie, as well as Susan Flannery for one more nod. Hopefully she'll end her career with another win.

It'd be funny if OLTL won Best Show, just because it was only on for 2 weeks in 2012.

• Members

The OLTL super fan in me (see my screen name, duh laugh.png ) is beyond THRILLED to see the show nominated for Best Show and Writing, and the selfish side of me REALLY wants those two weeks to be enough to pull them off. Not to start anything, of course tongue.png .

The 12-year-old fan in me is thrilled to see KA finally nominated, even if on a different show, but the 24-year-old fan I am now...feels differently. Granted, not to the same heights of WTFness as most of y'all might feel, but differently all the same wink.png .

Lindsey Morgan...she seems like a sweet girl, and I hope she improves, but...OY. wacko.png

I wanted Queen Fin to be nominated SO badly. Oh well. sad.png

And like juniorz, I would have LOVED to have seen Robin Mattson recognized for her work over the summer, too. You've got to be thrilled for your girl Jessica Collins though, right? smile.png

No one is probably happier for KKL today than Susan Flannery. She's been her number one cheerleader for an Emmy nom for YEARS now.

• Members

Peggy McCay. Wow. Did NOT see that coming. But her work during the Alzheimer's arc was really strong and heartbreaking. She's totally the definition of a supporting player, but it's pretty cool to see Caroline Brady nominated for Lead Actress in 2013!

• Members

EVERYONE is forgetting about Doug Davidson (like they always do) in the Lead Actor category. He had some SERIOUSLY good material with the climax of the Ricky storyline and his work in that episode alone FAR surpasses everyone else in the category. He's never won, he's due, and I think this is his year.

Supporting Actress is my favorite list, though I can not believe that Robin Mattson wasn't invited to the party this year. That. Is. A. CRIME!

But I LOVE that KKL FINALLY has her first nomination after nearly 26 years on B&B. I'd LOVE for her to win but I wouldn't mind if Zuker or Collins took it. Both are deserving.

The other travesty is Lead Actress. I am SO over Sharon Case rocking the sh!tastic material that she's given on Y&R, submitting her name, and the acting tic "right, right" queen, "The" Stafford, walks away with the nomination. It's getting old and this is 3 times now that Case has given the performance of the year on Y&R and Stafford has walked away with the nod. Where is Maura West when I need a deserving actress to win this award?

I think and hope they give it to Flannery, for Standing Ovation and Speech purposes alone. It would be like a Lifetime Achievement Award.

Who I'm rooting for-

Drama Series- DAYS

Lead Actor- Davidson

Lead Actress- Flannery (but I'd be happy for Peggy McCay, however undeserved it would be this year)

Supporting Actor- Hope that they don't bother to air it because they all pretty much suck

Supporting Actress- KKL or Zuker (I'd be THRILLED for Jessica Collins though)

Younger Actor- Freddie Smith (because I know his uncle)

Younger Actress- Jacqueline MacInnes Wood

• Members

Point me to the link. POINT ME TO THE LINK!

I haven't been enjoying the KKL bashing that much here. Brooke wasn't lead last year and I have a feeling that she and Flannery had a sit down and this is what they decided to do. I wonder if they'll submit the same episodes, being that it could be viewed as KKL supporting SF.

Either way, KKL has NEVER struck me as the jealous type and I'm sure she's happy for Heather Tom and any other B&Ber who has ever won.

Hunter Tylo, on the other hand.....

You KNOW I'm THRILLED for Jessica Collins. I've watched her since the Dinahlee days and I think it's astonishing and remarkable what she's done with what could have been a throwaway role. Girl has grown and her nom is EARNED. I LOVE it when actresses who have paid their dues like KKL and Jessica Collins break through for the first time. Just like I was thrilled when Ari Zuker broke through for the first time.

But it is a CRIME that Missy Egan and Julie Berman were nominated over Robin Mattson. As much as I LOVE KKL and Collins, I grew up watching Robin Mattson. I watched her lose the Supporting Actress Emmy twice. She made a HUGE comeback this year and a nomination was beyond warranted. I am thoroughly convinced that her presence is what started GH's trend on up in the ratings. I know I'm not the only one who took notice of what she was doing at GH (breathing LIFE into a show that was DOA before she came back) and that used to be what the Daytime Emmys were all about.

Sadly, it's not the same anymore.

And I would be remiss not to mention that I am BEYOND disappointed for Don Diamont as well. Curse Y&R and their bloc-voting! (Damn it- what's a guy to do? JFP is the reason Don Diamont didn't make the cut.)

TEAM DON!

Archived