Gross & Perverted Soap Opera Moments

• Members

I thought Adam sleeping with Rafe then Heather one right after the other on Y&R was pretty gross. If it had been a threesome fair enough, but there is something not quite right about sleeping with two people minutes after without even showering.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was gross, as was Cassie and her bloody body falling out of a turkey pinata at Salem Place in front of a bunch of schoolchildren. But I didn't think either of these incidents were as disturbing as the gratuitous torture of Maggie and Alice Horton.

• Members

I've said it 100 times, and I'll say it again. Anything Terrocita got due to her obsession with Epig, she deserved! Terror made a deal with Alistair if he would help her get Epig. Alistair wanted payment, and Terror went to his room to give it to him. Did she change her mind? Perhaps. But what took her there in the first place was far more disgusting than anything that might have transpired.

The most disgusting part of that? Not Gwen turning up the music so Epig could not hear, but immediately afterwards, Teresa was trying to get Ethan to kiss away the pain. The Terror was trying to get Ethan to feel bad for her so he would make love to her about 1/2 hour after Alistair "raped" her. Good god! She was quite the maggot!

Everything Reilly wrote was vile. Trassions should have never made it past year 2!

• Members

What really puts me off about JER's writing is just how mean spirited it felt. For the most part I thought Sunset Beach felt like a fairly harmless--sometimes actually fun soap parody. DAYS (when he returned) and Passions felt to me like they were soaked with hatred for viewers and the genre. I think Passions once it left NBC showed what JER really felt like writing without network interference--some of it was shocking in a "OMG" carwreck way, but anyone can make shocking fanfic style plot twists.

• Members

My biggest problem was intertwining religion into the train wreck especially at the end. I mean Passions was entertaining when I didn't want to sit and think but the later years was far too much fuckery to push religious views through. That crap in the church in the finale with Tabitha getting baptized and everyone having a happy ending didn't sit well with me. And I heard from the mags and the actors at the time that alternate endings had been filmed so he could've really selected a different finale.

It was a huge cake. I just remembering them cutting it and a body falling out.

• Members

I am LMAO at your nicknames for everyone. Personally I hated Theresa. I thought she was whiny and obnoxious, and it seemed completely unrealistic that her schoolgirl crush on Ethan turned into some supposedly epic romance with him actually torn between Theresa and Gwen. Regardless of what an obnoxious bitch she was though, no woman ever deserves to be raped. But yeah... wanting to have sex right after being raped by someone else is pretty gross too.

• Members

I remember the GL scene - Ben and Blake having sex. It was just disturbing.

I have vague memories of a Days scene with John and Marlena making out and a giant string of saliva connecting them when they pulled back from the kiss. wacko.png I am all for realistic kissing. I'm all for glimpses of tongue, and I will admit to getting a thrill out of seeing Vincent Irizarry adjust his package when he got out of bed wearing boxers during a scene and he was a bit, ahem, excited. But strings of spit between two people just looks gross on camera.

Archived