AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They started phasing out McKay's in the mid-nineties when they brought on a coffee shop, Insomniac, like Starbucks/Friends' Central Perk, where Julia Santos worked for a while. After the coffee shop was Hayley and Mateo's two bars, Holidays and SOS. Then some time later in the early 00's, McKay's was back, but it was a different set and then only referred to that for a short time; it eventually became Krystal's. Then with AMC 2.0, we got Jane's coffee shop, Jane's Addiction.

• Members

McKay's was shown in the late 90s - Del helped Kendall get a job there circa 1994 or so. Some of that is on YouTube. I'm not sure when BJ's was first introduced, but it's featured a lot in 1999 and 2000 - I have some clips on my channel that have various characters meeting at BJs.

I loved seeing clips of characters interacting at the Chateau and the Glamorama in the 80s. I also loved the various Enchantment sets and the Valley Inn.

• Members

I liked The Chateau and The Goal Post.

I am not sure why the show had Tom open a second place (Pinache).

I also liked McKay's, but I actually preferred the Hospital Cafeteria.

I liked The Boutique.

I also LOVED the Chinese restaurant that Henry's family operated. I am sorry that the character did not catch on, because I feel that the show intended for that to be a regular featured set. (And I have never even eaten Chinese food.)

I have forgotten the history of Stuart's art gallery. Did Jeremy own it first?

I never cared for The Serving Spoon or The Glamorama.