AMC: New Opening

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Terrible. Way to generic and continues with the trend that this show grows more unrecognizable by the minute. Doesn't really flow with the music at all. The photograph theme that has been in consistent use now for 20 years defined AMC's theme. Sure it will be easier to update, but....

Oh well.... considering the budget crunch I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised.

• Members

... and there goes AMC's classic photo album opening that set it apart from the rest, not to mention the only thing that remotely connected AMC to better days. All that's left is for OLTL to have their opening and ABCD will truly be interchangeable.

• Members

I think Annie and Angie's shots are way too short, which is a shame, because they are two of the best things on AMC right now.

Overall, I'm just still not sure. The HD scenes look great - I bet we'll all like it better when we see it on the big screen integrated into the show.

They should have kept the photo album theme alive (it kinda is, with the book at the end) - but I wish they would INSTEAD have pictures of each character falling into/over their scene. Now that would have been GREAT!

• Members

I guess to me the photo album opening hasn't been a part of AMC for at least 4-5-6 years, or longer. I have thought of AMC and OLTL as having interchangeable openings for a long time now. OLTL has had a generic opening for eons -- the last one I thought set it apart ended in 1991.

I think if they just take out that scrolling AMC and change a few photos, I'd like it more than most of their openings over the last decade or more. I think the best by far was the one in the early 90s. The white background one always annoyed me a little, especially the jazzy theme version.

Since it's the Conboy opening let's just hope that Marty West won't be the new JR Chandler. :lol:

• Members

I like it. My only problem besides the nauseating Rylee pimping (GIVE IT UP FRONS) is all those outdoor California shots. All those park shots, Greenlee(?) on a boat, Brot and a blurred out Natalia on their picnic, Jamanda walking on what seems like a boardwalk. The show is set in PENNSYLVANIA but you wouldn't know that by looking at the shots they chose. It might at well be B&B.

I did love that the Hubbards got almost as much a family treatment as the Kanes. I've already resigned myself to SK leaving.

Don't tease me.

• Members

Normally placement of characters in new/updated openings means something from a storyline perspective. So anyone notice that Scott is not with the rest of the Chandler clan? Madison is not with the Rylee clan? Madison/Scott are together... as are Liza/David... could we have new couples in 2011? :)

Archived