Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Members

Even into the 90s, Ernie Anderson was still doing the voiceovers for the local news here in the Cleveland market (where he was based before going out West). I remember once his unmistakable voice was heard on an episode of Sister, Sister as the twins were watching TV. "Stay tuned for South Central - it's Full House in the hood!" LOL

khan, you're right about Sammy Jo/Stacy. I stand corrected!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

After two years I'm finally watching season one. It's absolutely great, the only downside being Matthew. He has no chemistry with Krystle or Claudia and just plain doesn't fit in. I don't mind Lindsey. She's just as neurotic as Claudia and I love it! But Matthew and that oil rig nonsense is a waste of time. I simply don't care.

Steven and Fallon are at their best here in season one. I can't believe how much they destroyed them. Steven and Claudia's affair is intriguing. Its too bad her marriage to Matthew is boring because it's the only downside to the story.

Only other thing bothering me is Blake randomly raping Krystle and the two minute non apology he gave her unless I missed something?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

A few years back on Dateline NBC, Ted was shown the Jump The Shark web site with his listing . You could tell he was hurt even though he put up a front.

I miss that web site so bad. Those message boards gave me hours upon hours of joy reading all the outrageous and nasty comments about shows and actors. One of the funniest and most active was the My Three Sons board where they trashed Dawn Lyn who played Dodie. Dawn got wind of it and she got into some serious brawls with other posters. The site owner highlighted Dawns comments in red to confirm that it really was her.......LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just started Season 6. The so-called "Aftermath" is just as bad, if not worse, as I've been told. But, then again, nothing about DYNASTY is ever good past season 3, so....

The worst stuff is probably Blake being present for the death of the second of Steven's lovers, clearly disapproving, only to come on the next scene, having changed his mind and accepted Steven's 'values' for absolutely no reason whatsoever, Krystle managing to fend off a rape from Yuri by slapping him and looking at him sternly, Warnick (the obvious placeholder for Alexis) supposedly being so powerful but dishing out NO consequences to the completely insubordinate prisoners, Fallon managing to get Miles Colby to ask her out just be existing and, dear God, Krystle crying in her cell, literally saying out loud that she's waiting for Blake to save her.

Rita/Sammy Jo are bad but at least fun to watch, in a trainwreck sort of way. And a bit funny.

The only interesting part was Krystle discovering that Galen is indeed alive. You know, that showed the revolutionaries had half a brain or something. Although they're terribly polite. They talk about executing everyone but never do it and let people walk all over them lol And seeing Miles for the first time on screen. DAMN, that man is hot.

On the other hand, the whole episode was almost worth it when Warnick propositioned Dominique and offered her champagne, to which she replied: "I don't drink with assass-INS" laugh.png I mean, I nearly died. Best Dominique moment EVER.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

Yes, the show had started to fall apart by the seasons 5 & 6. They introduce the Falmonts and it seems like they are written out quickly, except for Ted McGinley's character. Kevin Conroy who plays Bart Falmont has been known for the last 20 years or so as the voice of Batman. Conroy had previously been on Another World and Search For Tomorrow.

The fight between Bart & Steven in the gym is so camp. They fight and then collapse and look at each other all dreamy.......LOL