ATWT: Character has officially been recast

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just because they were a Power Ranger, doesn't exactly mean they can't act. Amy Jo Johnson (one of the original PRs) seems to have done quite well for herself in a variety of series. Also, if I remember correctly, Sarah Brown was on a PR knock-off called VR Troopers (she also has PR credit under her belt) and she went on to win an Emmy. Besides, they're referencing his role in the Mortal Kombat TV series. Bridgette Wilson Samperas was in the MK movie and I thought she was wonderful as Lisa Fenmore on Santa Barbara.

• Members

I didn't know that about the guy playing Dallas.

I was actually referring to Sarah Brown. Who can forget her backhandspringing her way across the stage at the Gh nurse's ball? All she did was cry on ATWT as Julia, not impressive for me. And as for the Emmys when your in the running with a ten year old little girl then I don't see it being much of a competition. But this is all just my opinion.

• Members

I loved Craig as played by Hunt Block. I'm not sure Oakdale needs Craig enough to have him played by another actor. I know that Hunt was not the original Craig, but IMO he was THE only Craig.

Besides, Jean P does not like the character of Craig and I can't imagine her doing him much justice. Look at how she's ruined Damien with his return.

• Members

I have to defend ATWT casting department. Sarah Brown I loved on her ATWT tour...she gave Jack, Carly, Lily and Holden a story...I just didn't like the whole Keith part. That said...Amy Jo Johnson like Matt said is a good actress, Sarah Brown has one several Emmys.

Her last:

2000 OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Sarah Brown (Carly Benson-Quartermaine, GH) *

Sharon Case (Sharon Newman, Y&R)

Patrika Darbo (Nancy Wesley, DAYS)

Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis Davis, GH)

Tonya Lee Williams (Olivia Barber Winters, Y&R)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS

Sarah Brown (Carly Roberts, GH) *

Christie Clark (Carrie Brady, DAYS)

Camryn Grimes (Cassie Johnson, Y&R)

Rhonda Ross Kendrick (Toni Burrell, Another World)

Heather Tom (Victoria Newman, Y&R)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS

Sarah Brown (Carly Roberts, GH) *

Sharon Case (Sharon Newman, Y&R)

Christie Clark (Carrie Brady, DAYS)

Kimberly McCullough (Robin Scorpio, GH)

Heather Tom (Victoria Newman, Y&R)

Plus...there are some heavy hitters in that Younger Actress race: Kimberly McCullough, Christie Clark, Heather Tom, Sharon Case...

I'm just saying.

• Members

Is Quinn the guy who was pursuing Sonni Adamson toward the end of the show? If so, he was a STUD....in 1986. I'm pretty sure I remember Meek & will be open-minded about his playing the role of Craig. There must be some bad blood with Hunt Block b/c I can't think of ANY reason why they wouldn't bring him back.

• Members

No, that was Bela (played by Lee Godart) who was chasing after Sunny. In the final episode, it was announced that Sunny & Bela were expecting a baby. Quinn was chasing after Kat Fitgerald (played by Mary Jo Keegan, best known for her run on the sit-com 'Nurses'), a girl he'd met in Ireland during the storyline about the McCleary brothers' search for what had happened to their dead father (Matt McCleary played by Patrick Tovat, ex-Cal ATWT, who really wasn't dead). A large portion of the final episode was devoted to Quinn trying to prevent Kat, whom he loved, from leaving him and returning to Ireland. In the end, Kat stayed in Henderson with Quinn and lived happily ever after.

Archived