ATWT: Possible Casting Spoiler

• Members

From SOD:

Wally to WORLD?

With Jennifer dead, Johnny adopted by Dusty and Lucy back in town, it's long past time for ATWT's Craig to spring himself from the big house (if Emily could get out of jail time, surely so can he!) and reclaim his rightful spot as one of Oakdale's prime power players. But since Hunt Block likely won't be reprising the role he played from 2000-05, the show has stepped up efforts to recast. There are three actors in contention, one of whom is GH's Wally Kurth (Ned). Kurth has seen his Port Charles screen time dwindle, but may have trouble with the necessary move to New York. ATWT is expected to make a decision any day now.

:blink:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SOD is such a liar. I'm sure that they'd be the last place that ATWT would talk to, considering how crappy the mag treats the show. They probably made it up. I remember reading in March about how Roger Howarth was leaving ATWT and returning to OLTL, and obviously that hasn't happened. They acted as if it was legit, but it was just crap. They're also the one that started rumours about Tom getting killed off because Scott Holmes wasn't going to renew his contract, but he actually did earlier this month.

They're also the ones who, a week before Jen died on the show, were insisiting that the show was still re-casting. They actually mentioned an actress and had a photo of her! :rolleyes:

I don't buy SOD, but maybe I should start so that I can keep track of the stuff they print about ATWT. Then, I'll go back 6 months later, and see if any of it turned out to be true. I'm sure that 90% of what they print about ATWT was just pulled out of their butts.

If it does wind up true though...I don't know. I like him as Ned, but as Craig? Frankly, I'm sick of Craig. If they couldn't get Hunt or even Scott Bryce, they shouldn't bother with the re-cast. Also, I really don't think the show has any intention of bringing him back. It would have been different if Jen had died before Dusty could adopt Johnny, but the show made a point of having Dusty adopt him. It really didn't make sense because, even if he is in prison, Craig still has rights...but hey, the writers told us that the adoption was legal. And they hired Jess to do the paperwork. She's like the most respected lawyer in town. I doubt she would have done anything even slightly unethical during the process...anything that could make Craig contest the adoption.

• Members

No offense to Wally Kurth; I really liked him as Ned on GH; however, he in no way, shape or form will ever be a good Craig Montgomery.

If they were to ever recast ( only at the fault of their own for not keeping Hunt Block to begin with), I say, I'd most likely respond positively to either Grant Alexander in the role or the actor who played Edmund on GL.

It seems like everytime something occurs with the story regarding Paul, Jennifer or Emily, they start kicking around the Craig scenerio. Either bring him back or stop talking about "possibly" bringing him back, or "we don't plan on bringing back Craig" in the magazines.

• Members

Grant is actually a director for ATWT now. He's only done a handful of episodes, but I've really liked them. He's been working with Goutman, I guess, for quite some time. It would be nice to see him as a regular director on the show. I'm glad, though, that he's still involved in daytime. And IMO, I wouldn't blame him for never returning to GL. That show is so desperate to get him back...like when they showed a photo of Phillip, as if to remind viewers about how much they loved GA.

• Members

I love Wally Kurth but I can't picture him as Craig. I've never seen WK play a rogue type character before. I actually am nervous for whomever they do choose to replace Hunt Block (if that is what they are going to do) because Hunt Block was *so* good in the role, those are tough shoes to fill, I'm afraid the viewers won't accept a re-cast. I could maybe picture someone like David Andrew MacDonald or Matt Ashford - both have played similar characters.

I miss Craig - my first choice is Hunt Block (or Scott Bryce) if at all possible, but if done correctly a re-cast could work too.

• Members

That's right...Wally Kurth was on Day of Our Lives back in the day...yeah, I can see him being asked to come to Days, but I just can't see him trying to take on a role such as Craig.

I too, agree with the poster that said that GL lost out when they got rid of Grant Alexander. The more they keep talking about him, the more he's standing his ground on not returning. I would love to see him acting on ATWT.....

• Members

It was around when GL and ATWT got their budget cuts. ATWT wasn't hurt as much as GL, so just losing Hunt and Cady McClain probably freed their budget up.

I say no to Wally Kurth because he doesn't bring the sexy like Hunt did. I also don't think he's as good an actor. Whoever gets it better be tall, sexy and a great actor!

• Members

I don't know a lot about Wally Kurth, aside from the fact he plays Ned on GH... but honestly... I think that it's unfair to say he 'couldn't' play Craig Montgomery just because he hasn't played an antogonist character. When people say I like him but I can't see him as Craig they are actually insulting his abilities. It's very possible he could play it very well. So, don't discount what he can do just because he hasn't done it yet. It might be very refreshing and good to have a change, but, on the other hand he might crash and burn, but... he could give it his best. However, as Ms. Walsh said, SOD is crap when it comes to ATWT so it's probably bogus.

• Members

Considering either SOD or SOW reported ATWT was interested in Paul Slatterfield for the role (!), I'm not really confident in whoever they're looking at right now. Slatterfield was like a friggin' redwood on B&B years ago. They need to wait for exactly the right person.

And ATWT has had some success in casting against type, like with Cady McClain. But Kurth has the unfortunate ability of reminding me of Kurt McKinney, (yeah, I know he was on GH too) who I loathed on GL.

Archived