DAYS: Hogan Sheffer, Kola Boof {Merged Threads}

• Members

Mike ... I understand why you're confused, but frankly, a LOT can happen in even a half hour. [!@#$%^&*] could have easily called Sheffer this morning to alert him of what was going on. It takes a few minutes to make a phonecall to tell NBC to kiss his ass... LOL.

Nevertheless, I just want answers too. Just what in the HELL is going on! lol. This backstage [!@#$%^&*] is NEVERENDING!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could be wrong about this, but I'm beginning to really believe in this "verbal agreement" rumor.

That would explain why NBC is not saying zilch in public.

Legally--they can't.

They have to wait until everything happens, and because they want Sheffer so bad, they're going along with a verbal agreement.

This is not unusual in daytime.

The good thing, is that people in daytime almost never "renege" on a verbal agreement.

Sheffer will write for the show, he'll sign the contract in August when he takes over. But he probably told them to stop sweating [!@#$%^&*] over Bin Laden.

If you ever deal with "networks"--they are very frightened of any kind of controversy. [!@#$%^&*] being "black" doesn't help. Many of these network suits see her as "totally weird".

Hogan loves controversy and he probably set them straight.

NBC wants him bad.

• Members

That is because Days needs him bad.

Thanks again Erica. I see no problem with the timeframe given.

I think we should start just a separate thread for your scoops. Those that don't want to know anymore can just stay out and wait for the crap the mags or NBC will give because we all know they won't give you anything worth writing home about.

I do think the verbal agreement theory is what is holding this up.

• Members

I just hope Hogie and [!@#$%^&*] realize what a fantastic actor Matt Ashford is (he has been incredible this past week) and finally give the character of Jack a good story.

I know that rumors are flying that because Missy has decided to leave the show may decide to just give the J&J'ers a happy ending and write off J&J together. Also it is a way to save money on the budget. But firing him three times just seems so incredibly wrong and downright callous.

Well, this is one J&J'er who wants Matt on my screen with or without Jennifer there. Pair Jack with Sami or Billie or someone new. I wouldn't have any problem accepting Jack with someone else since I know it was Missy's decision to vacate the role of Jennifer.

Erica, do you have any idea what Hogie or [!@#$%^&*] think of the character of Jack? It seems to me that this is one character who is filled with potential and has emotional baggage of all kinds. He's the sort of characterr I could see Hogie sinking his teeth into. And I personally think Matt is one of the best actors on daytime. He was fantastic back in the day with Steve and Kayla when he was that complex conflicted villian with a heart buried deep down inside. And I thought he played an incredibly chilling villian when he was on OLTL a few years ago.

• Members

I only know from Matt Ashford's people that [s.W.S.N.B.N.] loved him on "Search for Tomorrow" and that she feels he's one of the show's strongest actors. She's a huge Ashford fan.

Of course that means zilch when the Producers and the network are deciding what to do with the budget and the cast.

Hogie is the only one who could put up a fight, and even then, I doubt he has final say if the Prod/netw. says cut a certain character.

• Members

Well, it would seem like such a wasted opportunity if they fire him yet again.

No insult to any of the actors on Days right now but I think Matt is the strongest dramatic actor on the show right now with so much history to be mined. What about his back-story before he came to Salem? We have never heard word one about what happened there - who was his first love for example? Or what happened during the off-camera years when he and Jennifer split in Africa. It was never explained what the heck he was doing. In fact, he is the only one of the male leads (with exception of Steve of course) who has so much time in his past that has never been addressed or explored.

To be honest, I am just so sick of this actor and character being jerked around. Missy was not canned when Matt was fired, so why should Missy's decision to leave force Matt out the door. And call me crazy but Matt could have chemistry with a door knob - even though his character has never had a love scene with anyone other than Jennifer (yes I remember Laura but that was offscreen and frankly never made sense to me)

I firmly believe he and Ali Sweeney could rock.

At any rate, thanks for letting me know at least [!@#$%^&*] values him. Let's hope Hogie does as well and has some say of who he wants to write for. Matt's Jack reminds me in so many way of Hunt Block's Craig that Hogie frankly adored.

• Members

I love MA (and especially SN!). I hope they do some kind of backstory for Jack after Jen leaves. I love his character, and Patch needs his brother around.

It would be a twist if Jen died this time (but that would be so sad), and then some day MR as Jen can be the one to come back from the dead. She owes him a couple shocking returns.

Archived