Alright, this really upset me...

KLN

• Members

Apparently this is an old news story but I just read it and I'm PISSED.

IRAN EXECUTES 2 GAY TEENAGERS

irangay_teens.jpg

Two gay Iranian teenagers -- one 18, the other believed to be 16 or 17, were executed this week for the "crime" of homosexuality, the Iranian Student News Agency (ISNA) reported on July 19. The two youths -- identified only by their initials as M.A. and A.M., were hanged on July 19 in Edalat (Justice) Square in the city of Mashhad in north-eastern Iran, on the orders of Court No. 19. The hanging of the teens was also reported by the National Council of Resistance of Iran.

Consensual gay sex in any form is punishable by death in the Islamic Republic of Iran. According to the website Age of Consent, which monitors such laws around the world, in Iran "Homosexuality is illegal, those charged with love-making are given a choice of four deathstyles: being hanged, stoned, halved by a sword, or dropped from the highest perch. According to Article 152, if two men not related by blood are discovered naked under one cover without good reason, both will be punished at a judge's discretion. Gay teens (Article 144) are also punished at a judge's discretion. Rubbing one's penis between the thighs without penetration (tafheed) shall be punished by 100 lashes for each offender. This act, known to the English-speaking world as 'frottage,' is punishable by death if the 'offender' is a non-Muslim. If frottage is thrice repeated and penalty-lashes have failed to stop such repetitions, upon the fourth 'offense' both men will be put to death. According to Article 156, a person who repents and confesses his gay behavior prior to his identification by four witnesses, may be pardoned. Even kissing 'with lust' (Article 155) is forbidden. This bizarre law works to eliminate old Persian male-bonding customs, including common kissing and holding hands in public." And Outrage, in its release about the gay teens' execution, noted that, "according to Iranian human rights campaigners, over 4000 lesbians and gay men have been executed since the Ayatollahs seized power in 1979. Last August, a 16-year-old girl , [Atefeh Rajabi] was hanged [in the Caspian port of Neka] for 'acts incompatible with chastity,' [i.e., sex before marriage]."

In the case of the two teens hanged in Mashhad, "They admitted having gay sex (probably under torture) but claimed in their defense that most young boys had sex with each other and tdhat they were not aware that homosexuality was punishable by death," according to the ISNA report as translated by OutRage. "Prior to their execution, the gay teenagers were held in prison for 14 months and severely beaten with 228 lashes. The length of their detention suggests that they committed the so-called offenses more than a year earlier, when they were possibly around the age of 16."

---------------------

Some news reports say that they were accused of molesting a 13-year old boy, but others say that those charges were trumped up and not true. Also, if this happened when they were 15/16, that's not really molestation, is it? Hell, that's only a 2/3 year age difference! Nevermind the fact that so many people confuse homosexuality with pedophilia, anyway.

Whatever the case, this PISSES ME OFF. The 'crime of homosexuality.' Give me a fuckin' break. Here we are in this country, every gay guy judging every other gay guy by the clothes he wears, how scrawny he is, how effeminate or macho he acts, when overseas people just like us are being murdered simply for existing. This makes me furious!

And yet people still march around with signs protesting homosexuality with words like "God Hates Fags," "AIDS Cures Fags." Disgusting.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The worst thing about that awful barbaric behavior is that people in the US aren't that different. This guy running for Govenor in Texas (where I live) said if elected he'd have all gays executed.

I feel so bad for all the people living in middle eastern countries, like these two boys. I once saw a documentary about these two gay teen boys in Tel Aviv, it was so sad watching them. They didn't get killed or anything for being gay, but they'd been abandoned by their families, were homeless, prostitutes, etc. At one point one had to go to prison for a certain amount of time. Oh yeah and they were watching Port Charles at one point! It was so random, lol.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 11 2006, 02:51 PM)

The worst thing about that awful barbaric behavior is that people in the US aren't that different. This guy running for Govenor in Texas (where I live) said if elected he'd have all gays executed.

Oh. Yay.

• Members

With all the problems in the world, it still amazes me to this day that so many people are more horrified by two men or women in love than anything else. Where are their REAL priorities?

• Members

ITA Bree! In a world full of rape, murder, robery, sodomy, genocide, racism, famine, drought, global warming, war, oppression, prejudice, depression, serial killers, drugs, pediophiles, sexual predators, stalkers, etc.... (and I could go and on and on), people think that two men or women in a relationship together is the worst thing in the world.

I mean, really, come on! Bush and many Republicans talk about how homosexuality is destorying the institution of marriage. Oh puh-leaze, give me a break. Like marriage is perfect now. Just look at how many marriages end in divorce. Just look at how many married couples end up cheating on one another. And just look at how many married couples are unhappy.

If they are that intent on saving the institution of marriage, why not make divorce illegal, throw adulterers in jail, and tell those unhappy to grin and bear it or else not get married.

I know that the Bible says that marriage is a union between one man and one woman. I also understand that I live in a conservative state, that I am a Southern Baptist, and that I am NOT gay, but.........

doesn't the Bible also say that people shouldn't get divorced?

I applaud the failure of the proposed marriage amendment by Congress last week. Serves Bush and the Republicans right for trying to use it to save their own behinds.

A few years back, I voted against a ban on gay marriage here in Kentucky, even when over 77% of the Commonwealth voted for it.

While I am not gay myself, I see no reason why gays should not have the same rights as everyone else.

We did the same thing with African-Americans in the 19th century, and women in the 20th century...

When, oh when, will we ever learn, that we are all created equal, and that God loves each and everyone of us?

But anyway, people are sick and twisted. There are a lot worse thing in this world than being gay. Honestly, some people rank gays right there at the top of the evil meter, with Adolf Hitler, Joesph Stalin and Atilla the Hun.

Stupid ignorant inbred people.

• Members

I think the statement was sarcastic as well.

But the underlying theme in the bible, to my comprehension at least, is free will. God, in his infinite wisdom, did not condone persecution in order to become followers of his. We've all fallen short and a penance will be paid but in the meantime, here on earth, we should let others live their lives freely. There should not be this overzealous rush to judge, demonize and impede the process of people living how they choose fit simplt because moral elitists peverse the Bible, turning the scripture into a weapon of hate and bigotry.

God was about inlcusion--not exclusion.

• Members

I will just throw in here that these 2 teens were not judged based on the Bible. Muslims do not read or believe in the Bible at all. Their laws go even further than the Bible teaches. They are even more strict on homosexuality and all sexual crimes than the Bible is.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion on religion or even put down anyone's religion (whatever that may be). I just state the stuff above to state that this is not based on the Bible. I think Muslims and Islam go by the Koran or something like that.

I mean you take at one time women were even put to death or shamed for showing their faces in public - and that wasn't even a part of their body.

I know there are people in this country and I have come into contact with them - people who have these same feelings or people like the Reverend who protest funerals and all - who take what the Bible says way too far - but for the most part people who have a problem with such things here are not as radical as the average Muslim is on such things.

If I remember correctly even masturbation under Islam or the Muslim religion holds a very serious penalty. It has been awhile since I read that. They are very strict on anything sexual.

We know of their radical nature in stomping out anything - not Muslim - or anything Christian. But that is not all that Muslim's are radical about. Even within their own religion and beliefs they are very radical about how those rules should be followed.

One can give them credit for standing by their beliefs. It makes you wonder about those born into it that may be like the 2 boys in this story who are not familiar with all the laws or who may not hold those beliefs.

• Members

I'm not really surprised by this story. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally against it. It's awful!

Pretty much all religions are opposed to the idea of two individuals of the same sex being together, however many religions can't learn to except it, and do go to such extremes, as displayed in this case. I'm East Indian, and I can honestly say, I can see many people of my religion doing the exact same thing done here. Hell, they would do it here in Canada,

Archived