DAYS: Patch's latest blog

• Members

God it's so frustrating to think one of the biggest returns in Daytime EVER and it's being treated like a joke. I'm not surprised. Ugh.

I'm trying to withhold judgement until the first scenes air (June 9th!!!!), but sheesh, it's NOT looking good.

Only thing I like about any of this is that it seems it's all taking place in Salem for a change. Thank GOD for that. I'm tired of Reilly's fetishes for islands and now circuses.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not optimism-I just like the idea.

I mean everything else has been done too much. As far as this being a letdown in regards the hype over the return, I think the real stuff will be when he reunites with Kayla. That will be the true moment. I honestly could care less about the first moment both are on screen. That is not what I am waiting for. Their reunion is and how he is alive is which is why the clown thing is fine by me, especially since it seems to be all in Salem.

I hate to condemn anything before it appears but this doesn't sound bad to me at all. I mean yeah its the circus again but its refreshing and different then the usual MIA person is alive with amnesia and is being held hostage somewhere or living somewhere on an island or something. Nichols and Evans seem down with it and we all know they would not let their return turn into a joke and he really seems to like this.

• Members

Don't worry, Phoenix, I'm backing you up on this one! Seriously, what's so wrong about the clown thing? I mean, wasn't Erica Kane's father a clown? It's no freaking big deal. :lol: I agree it's an inspired idea and isn't at all generic. I can't wait to see Patch for the first time (in real soap viewing time, that is) and see just how they handle this big return.

• Members

I don't think the clown costume "has" to be a bad thing...I will wait and see.

I guessed they would put him in some kind of costume/get up to disguise him

at first. Anyway it won't be long before he is recognized...Kayla

and the rest of Salem apparently sees him the week after the

audience first sees him.

I am interested in a spoiler I read that Jack has a hallucination of

Steve next week...is that when we see the buttons Stephen's blog

mentioned before? (Two of them said "When I am feeling blue, I

remember to breathe" and "There's a pill for that").

Reilly did say we first see Steve in a location outside of

Salem....So maybe Jack sees him somewhere at

the hospital and assumes he is hallucinating.

Here is my speculation/guess:

I think Steve is under mind control...controlled by

a bad guy and when Salem sees him he might be

about to put some folks in danger...Kayla and everyone else

will have to convince him that they know who he

really is and that he is a good person...

Just a guess based on the the little info we have so far.

• Members

Yeah I could see that. I think people need to wait and see before instantly condemning it. I learned that firsthand things aren't always what they seem so its better to watch for a bit first before declaring something a failure.

I don't see how you can think its generic and not something refreshing KR. I mean I think any other way is boring because Days has brought back many people from the dead and used most other ways. I think it would have been stupid if he was pirate or something but this is unexpected and not the usual back from the dead return. I mean for something big you want something that is out of the ordinary otherwise it won't be garnering attention. Plus, his reunion with everyone and how he is alive and such will be what makes this all a failure or success. If Steve is just a clown to start it's no big deal. I can't see this being nothing but a way to throw Steve back into Salem and into story. I think it will be very interesting to watch and will be a nice shock to unpoiled people. The actors seem excited and that makes me excited. SN and MBE would not be so positive about everything if they felt the return was not living up to expectations so I feel pretty good about all this. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree KR :) .

Exactly and from the sound of the actors, especially Nichols and Evans, it sounds like it is being handled pretty good.

• Members

I agree that Stephen and Mary Beth sound very excited...they don't HAVE to post if they

don't want to...but they are, and they are doing so very enthusiastically. So

if they are excited about it, I can't help but get excited :D

That is my site, yes :)

• Members

True but Austin Peck says when he hates what is going on in his blog and after what happened at GH if Nichols disliked something he may hint at it and I am not picking up any negativity from either him or Evans. I am just happy both are back. I also don't think they would both return for crappy story. They said in interviews several times that this return took so long because it had to be right for everyone-especially the characters. People that say MBE and SN had no idea what story Days had in mind for them before signing can't be serious. They are two actors that would want to know what they are getting into before they did, especially with what GH did to SN.

I still think the clown thing is just like a few days-just so they can bring him into salem and start things.

Exactly they are posting once a week and are so happy. That is why I can't see this being bad but as always watch first then judge-that is the way I do it at least.

Great site by the way. :)

• Members

I am not reading into this because I am liking the show a lot more these days going completely spoiler free, I think everyone should. Just try it for a weeks and the spoiler addiction surprisingly goes a way, at least it did for me. Of course with JER he hits you in the face with OBVIOUS hints more times than not.

Archived