Golden Girls

psychofan

• Members

I like all of them. My favourite used to be Dorothy, but I think now it's Blanche. But I love all the characters anyway. :)

Dorothy: Ma, 'disdam' is not a word.

Sophia: It certainly is!

Dorothy: Okay, prove it, use it in a sentence.

Sophia: You're no good at disdam game.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Best. Comedy. EVER. Dorothy's my favorite, too.

Dorothy: You'll have to excuse my mother. She suffered a slight stroke which rendered her totally annoying!

Blanche: This is strictly off the record but Dirk is nearly five years younger than I am.

Dorothy: In what, Blanche, dog years?

Dorothy: Blanche, before you start, realize that I am very vulnerable now and in no mood to hear a story about you and some yahoo cracker with four first names pawing at each other under a magnolia tree.

Dorothy: Oh back off Blanche! Not all of us are classified by the navy as a friendly port!

Rose: They call it a fly, but it's really a beetle?

Dorothy: Yes.

Rose: How do they know it's Spanish?

Dorothy: Because it wears a little sombrero, Rose!

Dorothy: No Rose...I'm upset because if Sonny Bono gets elected mayor of Palm Springs, he's going to make all the postmen wear leather bell bottoms and a fur vest.

gg_gal_dorothy_4.jpg

• Members

My favorite episode is when Dorothy and Blanche are invited (by Rose) to participate in a live talk show about women who live together. Only when they're live on the air do they realize it's a show about the Lesbians of Miami, LoL! Sophia stands up and asks Dorothy what kind of pain and heartbreak this alternative lifestyle has meant for her mother, and Dorothy replies, "I don't know. I'll ask her tomorrow, when I visit her at... THE HOME." Sophia: "No more questions."

• Members

I have a lot of favourites. One of them is the one that Kenny mentioned when Blanche and Dorothy go on that talk show about lesbian lovers in Miami.

Another one is when Dorothy dates that guy from Beatlemania and breaks up the band.

I also like the episode when Dorothy dates that guy, Eddie, who turns out to be fabulous in bed.

The best line is when Dorothy and Sophia are talking about Eddie, and then Blanche storms in, and says, "Eddie's a love machine!?!?!"

And of course, I like the Henny Penny episode because they look so goofy in those outfits!! :lol:

I also like the murder mystery weekend one too. The best part is when Dorothy's reenacting the murder, and holds a knife up to Sophia's throat and Sophia screams, "Not part of the show! Not part of the show!"

My mom's favourite episode is the one where Blanche and Dorothy read Rose's diary from 4-H when she raised two pigs, and they think that she was writing about them. "I can't stand living with these two pigs. If one of them isn't keeping me up all night with her squealing, the other one is belching in my face."

And then another funny line is when Rose knocks on Sophia's door in the middle of the night:

Sophia: I'm not home. Please leave a message after the beep...beep.

Rose: Hi, this is Rose...

Oh, and the one when Blanche's brother comes, and tells them that he's gay. Dorothy: Clayton's a hobo?!?!

LOL I love that clip when Blanche dates the guy in the wheelchair. Sophia: We was po'!

gall6.gif

LOL at this photo!

Archived