Days: The Judi Evans Dilemma

• Members

Well, soon both Johnson boys will be back on screen (feels so strange to type that!). Sure, we have no idea if Matt Ashford is long for Days, but the fact is...Steve and Jack will likely be reunited. What would make it even better is if their sister, Adrienne Kiriakis, was involved.

But uh oh! Judi Evans is playing a new character now. I think this is a pitfall for an actor who has been on a soap as a different character - at least when history needs to be honored and respected. I'm sure when Judi was hired as Bonnie, no one could imagine that the Johnson family would ever reunite.

The thing is, though, it'll soon happen. I hope Days deals with the issue. Adrienne had a prominent, albeit sad role, in her family's drama.

Maybe Bonnie should be written out? How would you like Days to handle this?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And isn't Wally Kurth available now? Didn't he go on recurring/was released from GH? The *only* key supercouple from the 1980s left to return to Days would be Justin & Adrienne. And Justin's a Kiriakis, he'd have ample opportunity (IMO) to fit into the current goings on at Titan. And there are FOUR J&A kids (all boys) available for SORASing (if need be for future characters).

• Members

Well Bonnie could always leave town or something and then a month later Judi could return as Adrienne. If Days still felt they needed a Bonnie they could recast and get someone like Illene Kristen or something.

It is very tempting to revert Judi back to Adrienne. I wonder if Days is thinking about it.

I like Wally but I don't want him back. I would take Shane and Kim before him. Justin always kind of bored me and I think there has to be some limit to the comebacks :lol: .

I have a feeling Shane is coming back in some form to be a part of this story. That British man casting call is either for a Shane recast or a doctor for Jack. I wish Shaughnessy would return but I doubt it. Anyone know why he wouldn't return to Days full time?

• Members

I with Patsy were in better health because, if it were me, I would sign both Patsy and Charles to short-term contracts as part of this storyline, reunite the characters in the process (they way they *should* be) and then perhaps move them to England, leaving either Andrew or Jeanne in Salem.

• Members

Yeah Matt I wish she were better too. I am sure if she was we would have saw her back for limted runs like in the past. I do have a feeling Shane plays a part though but I could be wrong. When it comes to Kim, though, Days has a problem. Do they recast like in the past or not. I mean its difficult now given Patsy's situation. I guess I am getting ahead of myself. We only have Patch and Kayla one would think that would be enough :lol: .

• Members

Unfortunately, I don't think DAYS is going to write Bonnie out. I don't think we'll see Adrienne back, although I WOULD LOVE it!

Bonnie has a story with Mimi.

Adrienne doesn't really have a place without Justin, like Matt said.

Also, JER created Bonnie. I think he loves her. She's comedic relief, and he loves that in his shows.

• Members

once Patrick and Mimi leave...i dont think Bonnie will be needed, im sure she will be turned into Adrienne for a limited run. but who knows Wally could come to days. but i think the shows really full now unless other big stars drop out, unless we have all these returns and some are just a few days a week

• Members

They could always make Bonnie Adrienne's twin. Jo Johnson could have given birth to twin girls and Duke gave the second baby away without her knowing.

It's DAYS, it could happen. All the writers would have to do is say Jo was knocked out during the delivery and when she woke up, she sees only one baby. :lol:

Bonnie is blue-collar, she'd fit in with Patch. Can you imagine him as uncle to Mimi and Patrick?

• Members

I think DAYS should write off, kill off or re-cast Bonnie and about a month or so later like others have said, have Judi Evans return as Adrienne with a new look. I also think DAYS should try to grab Wally Kurth as Justin Kiriakis, since he's off contract on GH as Ned, although I like him on GH and wish GH would put him back on contract.

Archived