Days: The Judi Evans Dilemma

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it would be kinda hard to do Bonnie/Adrienne as twins since people would have questioned Bonnie's resemblence to her by now. The best thing to do is to have Judi leave for like a month and return as Adrienne with a different look and then recast Bonnie with someone like Illene Kristen. That would be the most realistic way to do it and the fans would get what they want and Days would still have a Bonnie so its the best of both worlds. Plus, a few weeks and a new look would be good enough to help viewers transition from Judi being Bonnie to Judi being Adrienne.

• Members

I disagree. Continuity is so bad on most soaps nowadays that not questioning it isn't that much of an issue. I think most fans would be happy they're finally acknowledging it; that and back during the SSK, Bonnie's ears perked when someone mentioned calling and talking to Adrienne. I used that small detail to kick it off.

• Members

Here's an idea....

JEL has been looking incredible lately. Perhaps it's just me, but it looks as if she's dropped some weight and, IMO, looks the best she's looked in years (not to say she's looked bad, by any means, but you get my point). What if, gradually, they start to do Bonnie's make-up to look older... have her gradually start wearing padding to look a little heavier (Bonnie always appeared a little zaftig to me). *Then* bring JEL on as Adrienne, clearly younger and more stylish. Side-by-side, people start to notice the resemblence (especially Bonnie who might comment that Adrienne reminds her of herself years ago). In the end, it turns out that Bonnie was adopted as a baby and is really Jo's younger sister, explaining the resemblence. This would finally tie the Lockharts into a key core family, yet not make them *so* key that they couldn't be phased out later if needed.

Just an idea.

• Members

Matt, I MUCH Prefer your idea of keeping both Bonnie and Adrienne. What some long-time fans don't want to acknowledge is that Bonnie is a popular character and that millions of viewers can't get enough of the 'town slut with a heart of gold.' We don't WANT her gone. And like others have said, Bonnie is JER's comic relief, and he's not going to give that up. (Thank God!)

Also, if you remember, Jennifer questioned Bonnie's appearance when she first came on. There are so many ways the writing team could use that clue, and the one about overhearing a call for "Adrienne," to their advantage. Bonnie IS Adrienne, in white trash disguise. Bonnie is Adrienne's twin sister, long lost sister, whathaveyou. Do whatever you want but do NOT, I repeat do NOT take my Bonnie!!!

That said, yes, Adrienne may be class and Bonnie may be ass. But everyone's got an ass so who cares? Don't worry, Bonnie, we love. YOu ROK, man!

• Members

:lol: That's funny.

But overall, the character is not needed and it certainly isn't a character that viewers are clamoring "More! More!" for. I say write off Bonnie (and Mimi! and Patrick!) and in a month or so bring Adrienne back. Judi Evans said she had to gain some weight for the role of Bonnie. So she can lose the weight, straighten her hair, and voila! Adrienne's back. Since no one questioned Dr. Alex's resemblance to pre-surgery Roman, no one will mention Adrienne's resemblance to the former town oaf that was the mother of that skanky slurred-mouthed girl that Shawn Brady was briefly married to.

• Members

I agree with JER to an extent. JER, the writer, won't let Bonnie go. And Mimi and Patrick aren't going anywhere unfortunately, not for a little while. I would love to see JEL tackle to dual role. We haven't seen in a decent one in Daytime in a while and Lord knows she could pull it off. More likely than not, though, I don't see Adrienne coming back. Maybe if, as someone suggested, there is need for the wholesome heroine, if Jennifer leaves the canvas with Melissa Reeves as rumored.

Archived