ALL: Who do you think would be a good writer for the remaining soaps?

• Members
Posted (edited)

With GH once again going thru a writers change it got me thinking who does everyone think will be a good writer on the remaining soaps

With Marin Gazzaniga back in daytime, I started thinking who is still out there but not working

I was thinking Lisa Connor, Addie Walsh, Janet Iacobuzio to start

Edited by John

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There were some daily break-down writers on DAYS I wish would advance up in the food chain, though I haven't kept track of them since a while before the strikes. Maybe they're bad at plotting but soaps need to take chance on new people, not just circle the same old same old around. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Thats the thing that irks me the most about the writing situation at Days. There is literally a huge pool of people who could take that head writers job right there on the writing team, and yet we’re stuck with this warn out hack. Chris Dunn, Jamey Giddens, Ryan Quan, David Kreizman, they are all there and have head wrote shows before. Not that they would be my first choice lol some would prob be my last but I hate Carlivati and want him gone so badly. 

I think Days should try and find some outside talent. Maybe a novelist or playwright. Someone who was a fan of the show at one point ideally. I am sure there are a few out there who would love steady work, and I feel like head writing jobs are one of the few left in daytime that still pay well, even Days lol 

Edited by cody_1990

• Administrator

Fresh blood.......promote Emily Culliton to Head Writer at GH. She's young and she's there already in the writers room so she's not coming in without knowing what's going on.  And I would bring in her parents, Richard and Caroyln, to be her Co-Head Writers (secondary Co-HWs, not equal Co-HWs), to help her out with the politics, the structure, and everything that a HW has to deal with.   You have new blood and you have experience all in one family, one team. 

• Members

Here's the thing: there are plenty of candidates I could name for each soap, but why would I want them subjected to such stifling network interference?

• Administrator

I think Carolyn and Richard would come out of retirement if they had a chance to be part of their daughter's team.   Same with Courtney Simon.   Two daughters of these fantastic soap writers are now the Co-Head Writers of a soap.  That would be pretty cool.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

It would also be cool to have more women as head-writers.  The first generation of female head writers made them popular, then the next generation of men tanked it, so it would make sense to go back to the roots of the genre (obviously, I am oversimplifying for effect).

Edited by j swift