• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, it could be but also they could have just liked the rapport between Mo & ELR.

I know in terms of SOM that Mo has said he did well with Steve but he did not do so well with the next two SOMs so some of us have been wondering if Sonny's storyline is getting to Mo a bit. 

• Members

Yeah, I totally see your point.  What Finn did was very messed up and I understand getting Violet out of the situation was of immediate importance.  I just think the adults should have looked into all these options, gotten the ball rolling, and then presented to Finn.  Then you say at an intervention you go to rehab or these are the consequences.  And you are correct.  The timeframe is very quick.  There were a few softball attempts to get him to rehab and then a harder attempt by Tracy, but it's not like his entire group of loved ones have tried for years to get him to straighten out.

Obviously, everyone's heart is in the right place, but it seems this is giving Finn a free pass to spiral more because he's already lost everything.  It makes for good soap story, I suppose, but in real life everyone is kind of bungling the whole thing and they should get some professional medical/intervention advice.

Wouldn't hate that either lol.

• Members

Especially with characters that are, at this point, expendable. That’s not just Guza though, that’s just good soap writing. If we could have an accident that made Violet mute, and hit another one of the kids giving them temporary paralysis, we would be on to something, maybe Rocco (who I liked and we haven’t seen enough of). One story creating more story.

Is his abrupt exit a death?

• Members

Yeah, I'm almost caught up and I found that VERY noticeable. 

From stolen kisses to indifference again.

I'm surprised that Ava has not done anything to Natalia yet. But I suspect with PM leaving that Ava will go back to less femme fatale to background noise again. 

I don't know. I think Violet was traumatized enough by walkng in on her father unconscious so soon after her grandfather died. And Tracy handled that whole situation very well. And even that scene traumatized me so I wouldn't wish a car death on a kid (and I don't mean you when I say this). It is just clear overkill for a story that is already moving pretty well. 

On the other hand, I am right there with you with an accident that beget story upon story upon story. The good old fashioned umbrella story. Which yes is good soap writing.

Well not a major intervention for sure. But we got Liz talk to Finn. Then we had Chase confront Finn. And from where I'm viewing, we got the awesome Alexis vs Finn scene. At this point, I could see why the shift has gone to being sure the child...in this case Violet...is okay. And that is understandable. 

• Members

The Ava and Sonny fallout doesn’t feel like a big sudden pivot to me. They’ve been laying the groundwork with him questioning her motives and paying her dust in favor of Natalia for a minute. Also Kristina hasn’t been keen on the dynamic either and with Sonny almost losing their relationship after beating Dex in front of her I’m not surprised he’s purging Ava out of his life the second Kristina officially declares she wants nothing to do with the woman. I think the scenes with MB and MW have been great and I’m glad Ava can finally get active with him no holds barred.

I am disappointed they have Trina being so disloyal to Ava in her scenes with Joss and Gio. She didn’t even try to defend her and idk I thought they had a much closer dynamic.

Kristina is so out of line trying to secure custody of Molly and TJ’s baby just in case. Hate when they do this kind of writing in surrogacy storylines and with LGBT+ pairings. At this point I wish we had just gotten a Kristina/Dex/Joss triangle instead.

BrookLynn and Tracy scenes are always gold for me, I love their dynamic. Poor Finn getting his kid basically stolen by the Q’s lol.

I still don’t care about Cody and Sadha (typo for Sasha but on second thought I’m keeping it, she is pretty sad energy all the time) even with Mac finally back to get the paternity reveal rolling. Give these two a pink slip next please.

Edited by detroitpiston

• Members

YES!!

My vote's still for another school bus accident, something that could take out several kids and become an umbrella storyline for the show, like in Russell Banks' novel, "The Sweet Hereafter."

I wish!  Chances are, though, he'll just regenerate into another new character, "Doctor Who"/Frank Valentini style.

Edited by Khan