• Members

Maybe. 

Please register in order to view this content

But it does crack me up how many actors from GH, B&B, and Y&R many people tweet at MVJ about suggesting she cast all the time. Becky and Tabyana are typically the main two I see trickling down my timeline. I know the fans are just tiring poor MVJ at this point. 

As @Liberty City pointed out, it is partially due to Taby being a recast, but I really think it stems solely from racism. That girl gets so many racist tweets a day, it is sad. And she's a sweetheart on social media. I've never understood the venom she receives.  It's weird. 

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As far as I can tell they seem to be racists. On occasion there will be someone who questions her acting ability, but that is subjective & can come up about anyone. From what I can tell about last weekend it began with someone rudely criticizing the way she looked in that blue gown. One of the people involved has a body of posts where she is clearly racist. In general though she is a fan favorite! 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I assumed racism was a main factor.  TA seems to get the brunt of it from GH fans.  What a bunch of nuts.  I was just wondering if she specifically said or did something to incite anger* yesterday.  Apparently not.  Just wore a dress people didn't like.

I will admit I did prefer SM's version of Trina though lol.

*Not that anything she could possibly do would be enough to get racist hatred spewed at her.

Edited by carolineg

• Members
Posted (edited)

It wasn't a bunch of crazed idiots last night. 

It was one extremely racist person on twitter who called Tabyana a racial slur on June 8, then the tweeter commented more June 9 defending their slur.

I have receipts; but it's not okay to post that slur here or anywhere. 
A word referencing a primate.
The person defended themself, saying it was a joke and didn't think their comment was a big deal, and that white is right, and that racism is a hoax, etc etc etc.   It was a series of horrible tweets that I won't post here.

Tabyana called the person out and ...

And then Tabyana said something along the lines of
putting people on ignore is one thing, but sometimes ignoring doesn't help and you have to call them out...

and later same evening (after fans got upset)
Taybana added something ...  
We cannot stoop to rude/racist people’s level.  We’re going in circles and that doesn’t get us anywhere. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by janea4old

• Members

What I saw was at least two people for this particular incident. The crazy thing to me is that the white woman (if her Twitter profile is even real) that started the whole thing has selectively deleted posts so people coming in later do not see that it was her that made the comments. She is even retweeting compliments about Tabyana on her own timeline, which is some delusional level of backpedaling. What she posted was disgusting, as was the handful of folks liking the racist posts doubling down on it before deleting started.

The other thing I found crazy was people tweeting about it that hate Laura Wright, only to all of a sudden compliment her when she posted support for Tabyana. One of them spent quite a rant talking about LW sitting next to Frank at the Emmy’s and that’s how we know she is the one controlling the show.

I see so many things posted here from Twitter/X being disguised as inside sources with rumors without the context of adding that is where they are getting this information. That’s why I have been mentioning that cesspool more often in the last couple of months here. Because that site is the last place you should look for insider information. Breaking news? Fine, it’s almost always up there quickly. But bts tea? The kernels of truth are too hard to find through the general psychosis on display.

• Members

If/when Jason and Liz finally become a couple, I hope they'll scrounge up enough cash to play this song at their wedding:

• Members

-- I thought Michael Easton was good in those scenes on Gregory's last day, but that was hard to watch today. Just didn't work for me at all. That was bad.

-- Liz & Jason just work together. Becky Herbst elevates every scene she's in, which means she makes Steve Burton better. I'm not a SB fan, but I'm good with him when he's with her.

-- Kirsten Storms continues to look really good, and I think Chad Duell got ahold of her Ozempic doctor.

-- The Twitter criticism of Tabyana Ali is RACISM, period. As if an interracial story isn't enough to stir up the racists, Tabyana is dark-skinned -- which incenses these vile bigots even more. Their ignorance and hate are heartbreaking AND disgusting.

• Members

I thought about mentioning the idea that the racists are harder on Taby because of her beautiful dark skin, but just didn't. I do think it is a factor, though. I'm just so disgusted with it, the open, overt racism. I'd like it very much if they'd crawl back into the holes they must dwell in & also I'd like it if about 90% of the "rumors" would go visit their relatives in Peoria!