Y&R May 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Smh. Lord...let's hope not. lol.

Though to be fair...as much as I like Claire, I feel she should always keep that edge that the actress is actually good at doing. 

• Members

OK so Claire, newfound member of the billionaire Newman dynasty ,who has business qualifications, is going to work as aNanny?

Speaking of Harrison, just a note that Tara is the child's mother and although she went to jail , has she given up/lost parental rights? Summer, ex stepmother, is acting as though the boy is her natural child. Surely responsible parenting would have Harrison aware of Tara in some way, given the fact that at some point she will return to (rightfully) claim him.

• Members

They finally confirmed the other day that Summer got some custodial rights when she divorced Kyle. Kyle approved of it and it is written in their divorce decree. That's why Summer is saying "my son" 50 times per episode (which drives her haters crazy).

Back when Tara went to prison, I swear there was some dialogue to the effect of her losing her parental rights, or she signed them over to Kyle. I know, but it's a soap. And these points are being hotly debated back and forth. Like when Ashland Locke signed something which allowed Kyle to take the kid to Italy due to that home DNA test that they ran. rme

For now Tara is off the show and is never mentioned by the Abbotts. The kid never asks about his real mom. They have no plans to bring her back, according to an interview with MM/Kyle. But he did say he would welcome Tara back for that storyline. Recast, please.

• Members

Lord I pray not. At least that movie was chilling; Griffith’s take on such a plot would be dreary and very unexciting….

I agree. Claire should be bit more rough around the edges for sure, but if she morphs into some Pollyanna who can do no wrong she might as well join Chelsea in her black hole oblivion. 

It sure would be more interesting to see Claire continue to build a bond with Victoria by displaying her own business acumen to Victoria’s impressment than being the nanny who shacks up with Kyle.

• Members

That was one thing I did like when she was in the ward. She was rough beforehand and we got a break, and then we found out that Claire had a throughline of being nice to kids. So the idea of Claire hurting a kid, with her history, would be false...adding layer to the current arguments Kyle and Summer get into over her and Harrison.

That said...I hope post fallout...Claire maybe winds up as Newman again. She does have the business knowledge and it would make sense.

• Members

Someone on Reddit wrote that he likes the idea of a Christine and Nick pairing LOL

Like how would that even look. I mean JM had created a lot of chemistry with pairings but could he make it work with LB? Even to think about it makes me laugh out loud 

• Members

Christine and Nick would be snoozeville- 2 decent characters- where would the conflict and interest lie?

At this point, apart from being reunited with Sharon and being supporting, the only option I could see  for Nick would be a femme fatale who worms her way into Nick's life a la Cassandra and Paul. 

• Members

5-10

Other than missing an episode due to a busy work weekend and forthcoming book, I found this week decent. Though I admit that I used the loglines on my system to decide if I was interested. Honestly, I would say thank you to Diane.

FINALLY!!! They were using her. And I liked it. And what made it delicious was that hopefully this will light up her rivalry with Nikki once Nikki returns. I loved her going back and forth with Jack. And I even liked her going behind Jack's back and telling Kyle...even if it turned back to that silly story of her vs Kyle again. And then...PHYLLIS vs DIANE. I don't think they have even really crossed paths since the end of the Jeremy Stark story. And I hollered at Diane sensing that giggly heffa coming and put up her hand with the quickness. But seriously...with Diane firmly in La Abbott, it's nice to see her point of view again. 

Speaking of Kyle...looks like he's getting story traction again outside of that silly Diane story. I liked seeing him and Summer getting into it. Finally, AL gets to play how fierce her energy is. And MM is matching that energy. The only false note with them was the inclusion of Giggly Heffa into their mess. I actually liked Phyllis playing Devil's Adovcate with Summer in earlier episodes, but that went to the wayside as soon as she got in Claire's face. I was so annoyed. And then Victoria was standing RIGHT...THERE. I liked that Victoria got a dig in, but I couldn't help but then awwww hell Nah...cuz HT's Victoria would have slapped Phyllis with the quickness.

Watching Victor toy with Jordan continues to give me the giggles.

• Members

-- This version of Claire is a snooze. I have no problem with her being a decent person, but this lack of energy is deadly to watch.

-- Looks like Connor Floyd has been dropped to recurring, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Summer/Kyle/Claire triangle. Does that excite me? No.

-- Tessa's long, drawn-out conversation with Daniel at Society had me nodding off. Watching paint dry is more exciting. Awful.

-- I do not care AT ALL about Connor's OCD. It's all offscreen, so why should I care? He's punching himself? Watching Chelsea and Adam cry and wail about that is not a storyline.

-- Danny and Christine are "going on tour"? Fine. Anything to get them off my screen. Josh Griffith took a decent idea and AGAIN screwed it up.

• Members

I can only see Nick married to Sharon, running the coffee shop and playing the normal dad to their grown up kids. I love the femme fatale idea, but for another character. How about Noah? He could use a real story for once.

• Members
Posted (edited)

That's one of the movies that I think sort of inspired some of  the original Lauren/Scott/Sheila storyline, (and "Single White Female")  so lord have mercy of JG's soul if that's the case.....

Edited by YRfan23