Steve Kent is repordedly OUT from Sony Pictures Television

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When I asked this question, somehow I suspected that Kent wouldn’t be fully relieved of his duties where Y&R is concerned. I would only have allowed myself to believe if had there been an official press release.

• Members
Posted (edited)

It's so funny that the photo accompanying the Deadline article is Christine doing a trial in a rather nice courtroom set that we'd never see today. And a big reason why they can't afford sets like that is because they are top heavy with salaries for pointless executives like Steve Kent, which will now have to be 100% absorbed by Y&R and probably with a nice raise!

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

That's my view - Sony appears to have shifted an accounting line item off of Sony's books and onto the production budget for Y&R. All for an executive who is filling a role that has never existed at Y&R before. Just what a budget strapped show needs.

• Members

He has since played a key role in the oversight of The Young And The Restless and Days of Our Lives. Created by William J. Bell and Lee Phillip Bell, the former has been airing since 1973 and focuses on two core families, the wealthy Brooks family and the working class Foster family.

Made famous globally by its representation in Friends, Days of Our Lives moved from NBC to Peacock two years ago and is one of the longest-running scripted TV shows in the world.

I know I'm fantasizing when I say this. But, maybe with those fun little errors, Deadline might have made a mistake? It meant to read "Steve Kent has been fired, stripped of all his assets, and now lives in a shelter. He is being replaced by Windy Riche and it's being rumored her focus will be on repairing Days of our Lives."

• Members

But in the LGBTQ+ version it is the older woman she falls for! 

But about the desirability of one demo group over another, I always said that the ad agencies were selling a bill of goods. It never made any common sense at all!