GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm of two minds. Like I've talked about with Darn, I think GH has a real erudition and intelligence in some of his scenes with Tracy and Alexis (when he isn't there to mansplain their feelings or choices) that clicks with them. He and Jane especially have chemistry. At the same time, do I care about his health story or fate - not very much. Had he come on as a more vital mover and shaker or complex business tycoon figure, a la some of his '80s roles, I might feel differently.

• Members

I predict that Gregory and Tracy will spend a lot of time together as his death approaches. He will no longer be around Alexis as she will be becoming a lawyer again and then she will become Heather's lawyer.

• Members

I was always of the mind that Deception was going for a higher end market than a home shopping network, so none of this nonsense really fits.   I get that this was a quick way to make money for them, but it needs to stop.   I also have a hard time believing Lucy would lack such self-awareness about herself and her own business.  Lucy has experience hosting and has managed to stay on topic at the Nurses ball so it's a little difficult for me to believe she can't do that with her own company.  

Sasha saving the day was also silly.  No one cares if Sasha stays or goes from Deception.  Where was Blaze?

I usually like Tracy/Gregory scenes and they do have nice chemistry.  It's a bit strange to think Alexis almost married her son and now Tracy/Alexis are in some quasi love triangle with the same man.  Anyway, I just find it hard to care about Gregory at all.

Interesting that Ava is going to get the pills checked out herself instead of just telling Sonny they may be off and have him get them checked.

• Members

It feels like it's always just been an excuse for FV to use Morgan and Susan Batten from OLTL. I'm tired of seeing them and this mess.

And yeah, I haven't often liked the use of Lucy since at least 2015 (not that Ron's use of her was exactly stellar, but he did bring her back and highlight her for a good stretch). Lucy is part of a supercouple and is a major beloved character; I know Lynn can sell anything but she needs to be treated with a bit more respect onscreen.

Ava is obviously going to keep the truth about the pills to herself. I wouldn't be surprised if she tracks it back to Valentin and cuts into his operation for her own ends.

• Members

Ava knows something is up and is trying to isolate everyone from Sonny for her own gain. It’s been successful with Jason, Carly, and Michael, and yesterday she gave Nina the advice of selling her MC shares to Jason under the advice Sonny would appreciate it being sold to his best friend and in turn make Sonny warmer to her (knowing full well it won’t). 

The only one she hasn’t been able to isolate yet is Kristina (and Dante, but he’s preoccupied lol), who already suspects Ava is up to no good. 

• Members

It's definitely an excuse to bring in some stunt casting.  It's just doesn't fit the classy vibe that Deception at least wanted to have.

Anyhow, I get the feeling at this point, no one gets Lucy or understands the character.  It is obviously is all in flux now, but Lucy's not stupid or entirely oblivious and that's how the last few shows have portrayed her.

I think we all knew this was exactly what Ava was going to do with the pills.  I guess it just the first genuine sign that Ava is up to no good.

• Members

They have been treating her as campy window dressing since she broke up with Kevin. She deserves more than this but she is regularly used as the butt of the joke for far inferior characters (starting with slow-talker Sasha).

• Members
Posted (edited)

TBH, I don't care very much about Gregory's health either, but only because I know that, in real life, ALS is incurable, so I know already how his story will end.  (If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times: don't give your soap opera character(s) a disease that isn't curable or treatable, lol).  But I do get what you're saying, @Vee.

Edited by Khan

• Members
Posted (edited)

IIRC Blaze agreed to be the Face while also opting out of stuff like personal appearances. The Momager made a big deal about it. I knew when it happened that Sasha was going to be back hawking Deception on that show.

I wish Lucy had a real friend or confidant on the show that is not Scotty. Maybe rekindle her friendship with Felicia? Because I would like a scene where Lucy admits her bulldozing has more to do with her inability to deal with her life outside work, and her overbearing nature with Deception is because that’s all she has as a legacy. She is desperate for the name Lucy Coe to have some kind of meaning. They could even tie it in to her reaction to Bobbie’s death, and how much an entire community grieved for Bobbie and how little Lucy feels her absence would even be noticed.

Speaking of which, where is Felicia? For the faults of Chris and Dan and Frank V, I hope the new regime recognizes the show was saved by weaving those legacy and fan favorites back onto the canvas. I don’t want a Frons level show again where we only see Carly getting story and a rotating cast of youngsters.

Give me a real story for Liz, for Laura, and Anna. Not just rotating them into other people’s stories. When PM was on Guiding Light, it was an ensemble and nearly everyone had something to do. Portia could also use something deeper than Trina’s mom. And just like several other times on this stupid show, where is Trina and why won’t they use her as a lead?

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I suspect it's the usual guarantee merry-go-round re: Trina and others atm, plus FV continuing to be gunshy about a Black female lead. I sincerely hope that changes as the new regime's stories continue to take shape. I agree about Lucy and Felicia.

• Members

Got it.  This seems to fall under a promotional thing though?  Anyhow, I found it weird they didn't at least try to get ahold of her.  It feels like Blaze would have done it, but I know it was all to get Sasha back.

Agreed about Felicia.  But honestly Lucy could have anyone.   We could even get a Lois/Lucy friendship since Lois has little to do.

• Members

I missed who was today's BDW. SW was Cathy LePard and Gary Tomlin Directed

I am really liking the show. I love these character moments. I dont need big moments everyday just as long as whats there moves stuff along or sets up future story

If we are not getting Spencer Soon and even if we are please Trina something to do. I liked her talk with Joss & Dex but I want to see her living her life. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'll be honest. I see some improvement in GH since PM and EK started, but I really expected more.

Am I expecting too much? I don't know. I still do a lot of eye-rolling at scenes and characters behaving as if they were written by Chris and Dan.

I'm not going anywhere, but I also can't pretend I'm excited to watch every day.