GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

The dialogue Nina had about how men view women vs. how they actually can put their money where their mouth is made me think of horny old PM in the driver's seat tbh. Not that I am complaining. It was uncharacteristic and a refreshing perspective.

And yes, that is a taste of how Cameron used to be in his golden days. There is a reason he used to be very popular on AMC before the rot set in BTS, and why he became a successful TV host. I've never had a problem with CM, it is the writing and choices that trigger his worst acting impulses and make him unbearable to watch sometimes. But he's hot again with the beard and a more breezy and fun approach to the character, which is how he should be used.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

The  Episode that aired Tuesday April 9th 2024 was:

Head-written by Elizabeth Korte & Patrick Mulcahey

Breakdown by: Ashley D Cook

Dialogue by: Stacey Pulwer

Edited by John

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think the teasing of Kristina’s mistrust and suspicion of Ava is interesting foreshadowing. I think Kristina may unravel Ava’s plans against Sonny, or Ava may do something that causes Kristina to miscarry (and ending this unnecessary surrogacy storyline). 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members
Posted (edited)

Didn't Faith do just that with Liz or someone else back in the 2000s? Ava's bangs and slutty sheer blouse are giving Faith Rosco to the hilt, right down to swanning around Sonny ready to get him into bed.

Meanwhile: Maybe it's me, but those Heather scenes with Kevin and Laura last week were genuinely good and touching IMO. The Tracy stuff has also been wonderful across the board, as others have already touched on.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yes! I've always though of Ava as alternate Faith! Not sure which one of them I like more.

I am surprised to see the support for the Drew/Nina scene, lol!

Where are they going with Carly/Jagger. So far I see Carly's rescue as a catalyst for Jagger to soften and drop his leverage on her....dare I say romantic intentions pitted against Jason???

Edited by Planet Soap

• Members

I'm calling it now: they are going to re-tell the Jagger / Jason / Karen storyline with Jagger / Jason / Carly. I am calling it. Classic soap: re-telling of a story in modern times, with a bit of a different take.

It was a brilliant quote and definitely felt like classic soap. Totally a Mulcahey move in what felt like a Korte-filled episode.... if that makes sense? And the beard HELPS him as Drew. The beard holds the power... but still, the writing choices from Van Etten & O'Connor, as well as the strike team really dampered his work as Drew for me.

• Members

I do not need two men fighting over Carly lol.  I have a hard time believing one man would tolerate her let alone two.

Still giggling over Drew's shirt and the goodness of Nina/Drew.  I can't wait to watch Sonny and Carly's heads explode when they find out!

And I know everyone loves Maura West, but some of those faces she was making were right out of a Saturday Night Live parody like someone noted earlier.  I just find Ava so campy, in mostly a good way, but I am not sure if it's intentional on MW's part.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I keep saying this! @DRW50 called it Fire Marshall Bill from In Living Color years ago and Maura has no chill with this stuff, God bless. Her 'poker face' during the Connie mystery days was hilarious. I love it.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

She’s straight out of a Dynasty drag act I saw a few years ago, lol. 

But, tbh, some of the styling choices for Ava recently have reminded me of what I saw of Louise Shaffer’s turn as Stephanie on SEARCH. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Ha! Ha!  That is an accurate assessment.  Kate Mansi had the same WTF expression I did while watching Ava/Sonny interact.

EWWWW.  To the Carly triangle.  I feel like we already watched various versions of this nonsense for years and I still don't get why anyone would want to deal with Carly.  Unless these guys just really find good hair extremely attractive.

I swear MW could be a silent film star.  Her expressions are so OTT.

I am not terribly familiar with her ATWT work, but from what I have seen she was slightly more subtle, but Ava is practically a cartoon character, so fair enough.