• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

I was just reading @JAS0N47's final script for Stephen on the BTS DAYS thread.  I did not recall that he romanced Mary Anderson (he was loosing end of a triangle with Chris Kostachek), and he knew Melissa as a child. 

I'm sure he is coming for the funeral.  However, it would be intriguing if he turns out to be Everett's father, given Julie's affinity toward him.  But it seems like the reveal of Everett's past must occur before November. 

Does anyone recall how we found out that Stephen had a son? Because it must have happened after he left Salem.

Edited by j swift

• Members

This is one hell of a blast from the past! Consider when he left the show in '79, I was turning 7 that year! (God, I'm old!)

I just wish he could have returned when Tom and Alice were still around, but I know. Another World.

I do hope [pardon the unintentional pun!] that Hope and Bo can/will also return. It would be such a trip to see Steven (Stephen?) with BOTH sisters! All of Addie Horton Olson Williams' kids together, as it were.

• Members

Quite bizarre really. A pity they waited so long to bring back Steve as he could have returned at any time to boost the Hortons. He was a blank slate character wise and could have been worked in many ways.

But the writers were always in favor of creating new characters instead of using what they had.

Spencer Olsen was mentioned when Julie returned for the 90-93 stint. she gave the impression he was a bit of a rascal, but any plans to bring him on were scuttled.

If only they nurtured the Hortons, Steve and Sandy's children/grandchildren could be major players today.

• Members
Posted (edited)

THE THREE FACES OF STEPHEN OLSON...

Please register in order to view this content

Here's a look at the three actors to have played Julie's brother, Stephen Olson: Flip Mark played Steve for 2 episodes in November 1965. James Carroll Jordan played Steve for 10 episodes in July and August 1972 (pictured with Mark Tapscott as Bob, Nancy Wickwire as Phyllis and Karin Wolfe as Mary); and Stephen Schnetzer (pictured with Susan Seaforth Hayes as Julie) played Steve for 115 episodes from June 1978 to December 1979. After a 45-year absence from the Salem canvas, Stephen Schnetzer will be taping his first episode of "Days" since 1979 this coming week, which will air much later in 2024. Click here to read this 2015 interview I did with the original Steve, Flip Mark: http://www.jason47.com/days/interviewflipmark.html

Edited by JAS0N47