BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Members

When I was in grad school, I used to use a brand called Sophocles. I was able to get it at half price because I was a student and that screenwriting software was the best one I have ever used, superior to FD. I used it lol throughout my MFA program and it never gave me one single problem with typing my screenplays and television scripts. I had read that it was most likely that the developer was bought out by the makers of FD who quashed the software. If my laptop hadn’t died, I would still be using it. It was that good.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

About “The Gates”, I really hope that MVJ avoids the pitfalls that today’s daytime network soaps have fallen into, staying wedded to the same tired tropes and stereotypical themes. Leave the old 20th century Dynasty style catfights where they belong.

Women can be as strategic and calculating as any man, show them as captains of industry who are capable of moving and manipulating people and situations as if they are grandmasters moving pieces on a chessboard. 21st century boss moves is something I would like to see. (*Insert GIF of Emily Stewart, seated behind a desk, reclining in a chair , heels atop the desk with a smug expression on her face-if I ever find that clip*).

• Members

Final Draft is too expensive to crash like that. At over $200 it should work better. I had the full version years ago and I understand why professionals use it because it's great for editing and you can select which elements you want read out loud so you don't have to listen to stage directions read if all you need to hear is dialogue. I've been using Fade In for my scripts and it's pretty good.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'd love to see (on any show) a story about a woman who chooses to terminate a pregnancy for very simple and practical reasons and who doesn't suffer some form of retribution for it afterward.

I'd also love to see a young vixen who isn't raped as punishment for "being bad," and a young heroine who doesn't lose her virginity to rape, too.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Similarly, I hope the African-American characters don't have stereotypically African-American names that don't really exist outside of the Maury show.

But she was so GOOD at it:

• Members

I wouldn’t mind seeing a Demarco or a Demetrius or a Teyana. Some recognizably Black names.

I’m ready for some complex, interesting layered Black men. Curtis, T.J., Devon, Nate, Carter, and Zende aren’t cutting it. The soap writers couldn’t be less interested in those characters.