DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought LA did a good job as Allie too, but I wouldn't mind if they recast.  She was a good actress, but I always thought she was a little too low key for Sami's daughter.  I think the show could find someone more dynamic for the part although I do mostly blame the writing for Allie.  All Sami's children are so nice and boring.  Sydney's our last hope.  I honestly would probably age Sydney into Tate/Holly's group before I'd bring Allie back.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As I've said before, Ron had a really good opportunity with Challie. But, he wasted it both by not showing them timely & consistently & with some really poor writing. Allie seemed to get the brunt of the bad writing. So, yes, it's fair to say that Ron had it in for her. 

Initially Allie had more spirit & then they watered her down, so she began as a good inheritor of her mother's spirit & fire but ended up not nearly so. 

I have long wished to have a teen Sydney on the show. 

• Members

I haven't watched DAYS (or any US soaps) since Necktie killer. 

But I wanted to see this episode. And it was nice. It was nice to see some of those flashbacks. I even got teary eyed at some moments (like Lucas talking and remembering the Hortons). I liked Chad (forgot the actor's name lol). And it was my first time seeing Leo, he was alright. I used to love Greg Rikaart on Y&R, even though I thought he overstayed his welcome and once he was shoved down everyone's throat, I stopped caring. But he was okay here. 

Young Alice and Tom were alright, it was a nice thing to do. Although I would probably be confused as a regular viewer to have this kind of an episode which felt like some sort of special or anniversary episode and it is not. 

Some not so good aspects of the episode... my God, the music was horrible in some places. Like, the scene with John/Marlena/Roman/Kate at the pub... what was that music?! It did not suit the scene at all. And also I found the dialogue very weird in some places, very unnatural. 

But good on them for doing this, I am sure longtime fans will be happy. It was long overdue to have focus on the Hortons.

• Members

I never want to hear about Suzanne Roger's sex life again lol.

I feel like John/Marlena/Kate/Roman were trying to spit a bunch of random historic facts about the Horton house and it ended up clunky.  It's difficult to slip in "oh yeah, when I thought I was Roman our house blew up because of Orpheus and I presumed Marlena was dead for years.  It almost burnt down the Horton house too!"  The thought was there the show just inserted some strange anecdotes.

• Members

To be fair to the show, they've actually been pretty decent with digging up flashbacks that aren't the usual ones lately - they showed some rather rare Marlena footage when Dee celebrated her 5000th episode on the show. It makes me hopeful that they might be digitizing the material at least.

• Members

Oh sure, the flashbacks were lovely. I really enjoyed them! 

Haha I can imagine that you can get used to it. For me it was really jarring especially in the pub scene, where I was even trying to decide if this was suppose to be music in the pub or is this show's background music. 

Oh sure, I get it. But still I felt a lot of could have been done a bit more natural. 

• Members

Agreed. 

It got pretty clear, especially towards the end of her run, that Ron wanted us to hate her.

I was actually a little disappointed in myself that I fell into his trap so easily

Please register in order to view this content

You’re not alone. I hate the music at the Pub too