DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So,

Please register in order to view this content

Also, I hesitate to speculate where Johnny was keeping that guitar this whole time.

But, if the twist is that Jada is a terrible person, that would blow my socks off!  Although, the timing of getting rid of her sister now makes sense, because she could've verified Bobby/Everett's identity. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Watched today's eppy

Johnny❤

He should've sung ...Thank God I'm a country boy with that voice.

At first I thought I heard Jada call Everett... Mommy!....then oh Bobby

• Members

I constantly remind people that Marlena has a large family consisting of Carrie, Austin, Noah, Sami, Will, Sonny, Arianna, Johnny, Chanel, Allie, Henry, Sydney, Eric, Sloan, Jude, Brady, Tate, Rachel, Belle, Shawn, Claire, and Paul.

The issue is that Johnny is not allowed to interact with his other family members outside of the DiMeras. This is an Alarr thing as he hated that Marlena has such a large family and didn’t think it was “fair” that she has so many relations.

Note that Carrie was not allowed to interact with John and Marlena in 2019 beyond a hug.

For years the writers had Brady treating Marlena like she was a woman who married his father when he was a grownup rather than the woman who raised him.

This is why I want the Jarlena family at the centre of the show. 

• Members

I like Carson Boatman, and I love looking at Carson Boatman, but that singing scene was PAINFUL.

It's not even the country voice/accent that bothered me. The lip sync did not work at all, and it just looked top-to-bottom artificial. On a 1-10 scale of lip syncs, that was a -4.

And truthfully, CB's voice is just too thin. The song itself wasn't bad, but his voice isn't resonant enough to carry any song.

• Members

And I think that they are. Here's one of my favorite quotes ... 

"Look at us! We come from the most successful blended family that I know of." - Brady Black "Exactly! And, I don't care about 'half' or 'step'. I'm just really blessed to have you all in my life." - Eric Brady, DOOL Brothers, 11-29-22

Fortunately soon we will be beyond that horrid man's abuse of power!

• Members

Glad to see more follow up from Friday. Now, we just gotta see Tripp and Wendy lol

I had a feeling that Melinda was going to be the one that Sloan called on Friday, but still, I think it’s a bit of a letdown. It would have been so much better if Dimitri was still in Salem and had been the one that Sloan called #onenightstand

This is speculation, but I still think Sloan’s gonna have an affair. I just wonder with who.

I liked Marlena shrinking Brady and how she used her relationship with Sami in order to help him understand his relationship with Tate. That’s how you use history. Tate really needs come back permanently so that we can this relationship play out onscreen. And also,  to keep Theresa from being annoying, like she was today. Her best scenes are the ones with her son.

I also liked Marlena shrinking Alex. They really given him more layers in these past few months and I like that. He’s finally more than just the propped, arrogant, walking hard on that he was when he first came on. 

Kate/Roman were really sweet today too. 

Btw, somebody really ought to tell Brandon Barash that you shouldn’t be growing a mustache when you block tape

Well, he’s got the fine wife and the fiddle. He just needs the cakes on the griddle

I’d rather see him as the villain then Clyde or Konstantin lol 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Now is that a crack about (see what I did there) the size of his toucas?!!! 

Well, I found today's show to be quite good. Very soapy. I'm still caught by surprised not to be having the non-serious Ron writing perspective. D'uh. 

So, Tripp & Wendy are missing & slowly but surely people are about to realize this but only because uber-conscientious Tripp didn't show up at the hospital for an assigned shift. Naturally red flags should be going up! 

Sloan is really seriously feeling sorry for herself & at a bar, drinking hard liquor not wine & a lot of it. She's waiting for someone & it is ... Melinda Trask. She sees through Sloan easily & tries to talk sense to her. Among other things she says that even if her relationship with Eric isn't perfect, maybe it is "good enough". She also sees how dangerous Sloan is with "loose lips that sink ships" & tries to drive home the message that they would both be completely & utterly ruined if anyone found out what they had done. Instead of taking her advice & heading home & stopping imbibing, as soon as she is out of sight, Sloan orders another very large bourbon. I should have figured her for a bourbon drinker. 

Totally & completely oddly, once Brady settles in to talk to Theresa, Marlena heads to Alex's apartment for what she calls a rare midnight house call. She hears about what happened & tells him that of course Theresa is both hurt & embarrassed. No one addresses the fact that Alex had the ring or that he left it in his jacket pocket. He says he thinks he does love Theresa. He has doubts about being in a long-term relationship with a recovering addict. He has doubts about becoming a step-father to a teen boy at his age. Marlena suggests that his love is not unconditional. 

Meanwhile, Brady & Theresa are having a deep involved heart to heart. He expresses to her that he is always there for her. Contrast the way he is with Theresa with the way he is about Kristen! What a difference a day makes ... only it's not a day it's a person. 

I liked all of the talking today. I did not feel like shouting "Show It, Don't Tell It." These were classic Irna Phillips type kitchen table discussions revealing a lot about relationships. Good solid writing. 

Now, probably an unpopular thing to say, but is it just me or does Dee's face suddenly seem very drawn? I wonder if she's not feeling well or if she's having some weight loss or ... anything. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts