GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Lol!  Nothing tragic.  Just talk of her getting on weight loss pills.   It's a weird thing to bring up, but I don't think anyone is rooting against Kirsten.  I think everyone wants our soap stars to be healthy and happy and have good hair.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The one bright side for me with Spencer & Trina is that it was a Black female with a White male, which we often don't see enough of in media. I'd love more inter-racial romance in soaps as an overall movement. Lots that could be done. And you're right: Black couples do deserve it, PERIOD POINT BLANK!!!

I kind of wish the teasing of TJ & Willow had happened more. Speaking of it, Katelyn MacMullen would've been a suitable Molly recast, although, I've grown to really like Kristen Vaganos in the role, and wish we would see more of her. Hoping Patrick Mulcahey fixes this in the coming months.

Donnell Turner & Brook Kerr have very little chemistry; it reminds me of Maura West & Marcus Colmoa: the women are carrying the pairing by having to use their own chemistry to create and compensate for their male co-stars.

We need a revival of the Ward family on the canvas. Hell, even give us Tommy Hardy Jnr, and that would give Elizabeth some kind of familiar connection on the canvas. Something. Anything. Give us SOMETHING!

YUP!

It should ideally be about talent but in the age of social media.....

YUP!

She really does, and I think that's why when Disney-ABC put her on recurring it took her aback and she decided to walk away. She knew the weight she carried on her shoulders and knew she deserved better, so she said "bye" until it was given to her.

I've been calling this for some time, and at this point it'll happen by the end of 2024. Although, I'd love to see them instead focus more on Jake / Aidan than Cameron at this point. Wait until 2025, honestly....

Please register in order to view this content

I am, too. It's a no-go for me!

Lotsa good hair on General Hospital lately I will say.

• Members

Definitely good hair for sure. lol. 

Well...good.

Yeah, I was still regularly viewing somewhat when he first appeared...that was around when Alexis was dealing with cancer if I'm not mistaken. I believe I stopped shortly after. I also believe I saw scenes of him with Georgie when she was alive and thought they were cute so it was a sharp pivot when I turned in later on and him and Maxie had already started. But I definitely was not around to get a feel for their popularity so thank you for confirming. 

Also thank you for confirming. That time is such a blur due to being on and off with the show. 

KM is at her best when she is being bad a la a vixen.  PC Liv. Sam during the Fan Wars That We Don't Name. Cuz she was THAT girl on PC

• Members

I never found her to be bad per se, but she could not have been more disinterested in at least 95% of her material over the years and it showed onscreen.

Im slowly learning the cast bit by bit but there are a [!@#$%^&*] ton of new characters on this show and every day I’m meeting someone new when watching. 

Just an aside I have limited exposure to the current Spencer but every time I’ve seen him I’ve found the actor very committed. He’s believable as a Cassadine to me. Moreso than the guy playing Nikolas in these episodes I’m seeing. To be fair my Nikolas viewing has only been limited to Tyler Christopher so it may just be my bias, but I just don’t see or feel Nikolas with this actor.

• Members

I think she has checked out many times, and has been almost totally checked out for years with Billy Miller gone. But I do think she woke up for scenes with the new Danny discussing Jason - the other day I somewhat cynically speculated this could be because Kelly is angling to get re-paired with Steve for job security, as she was said to have done a tearful mea culpa to their fanbase at a fan event not long ago over her vocal distaste for the couple vs. Drew/Sam during the Miller years. Whatever happened with Kelly and Big Steve BTS in the year or so before he left happened fast and hard, because after insisting on making us watch them together for the better part of 20 years the show suddenly couldn't end this longtime couple fast enough. I definitely don't want to go back to Jasam - I think Sam is spent tbh and should be off the show, like so many other characters - but we'll see what happens.

As for other topics: Wyndemere being suddenly and somewhat mysteriously sold makes me wonder if it’s a Mulcahey plot point being seeded. He wrote heavily for the Cassadines in the '90s.

There are way too many played out contract characters, and that's not even counting the seemingly endless stream of recurring players who are also on way too much or have way too much story. 50% of the cast you see on any given day, there is a good chance some of them are recurring yet in regular story.

Edited by Vee