GH: O’Connor/Van Etten OUT! Mulcahey/Korte IN!

• Members

Ha! Ha!  I think I just left my browser open.  I haven't even gotten through all these replies.  We really aren't actually supposed to think Sonny is book smart, are we?  I thought he was just street smart, which I honestly question if I would go that far.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's a real possibility, but I haven't heard any rumors or seen any major warning signs in the offing for GH whereas AMC had the stench of death around it for some time. Then again, I don't pay a ton of attention these days. But I will be back for this regime.

• Members

I’ll admit, I know little about Patrick Mulcahey, as he hasn’t written for the shows I watched or certainly at the point I watched them, but I’ve heard nothing but really good things about him and his work.

So this level of cautious excitement is fascinating to me.

Now I know how you all felt when I came armed with information and warnings about Mal Young and his previous work in the U.K. when he joined Y&R

Please register in order to view this content

Of course this is much more positive and  I look forward to seeing how this plays out, however long it lasts for.

• Members

You know, I am looking forward to see how PM writes for Tracy. He always mentions how off-putting the Marland/Potter conflict over Jane Elliott was at GL, and he never really had much of a chance to write for Tracy on GH in the 90’s.

To me, much like Bev’s Alexandra, he should have a ball writing for a character like Tracy who can be both witty and hysterical at the same time. She is the closest thing Port Charles has to a grande dame at this point.

• Members

ICAM, @BetterForgotten.

On the very slim chance that you peruse these boards, Mr. Mulcahey, and are at a loss over what to write for JE/Tracy, here is my advice, pitch, plea, suggestion, etc.: please coax TPTB into bringing Justin Deas on as Tracy's new love interest.  Not only because I'm aware of your mutual admiration society, but also because I know in my gut that he and Ms. Elliot would make an incredible older couple on any show, not just on GH.  (You'll thank me later.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

When the cancellations happened, the fact that OLTL was being cancelled as well was the shock for me. I wasn’t surprised by AMC at all. Even if I thought both shows had viability, AMC had been subjected to that GL/ATWT talk for a couple of years.

• Members

It was puzzling at the time & I think still is. OLTL strictly by the numbers was doing the best of the three! But, Frons began with a mandate to announce its cancellation & in his appalling way he decided to add AMC. He thought about also canning GH but decided not to because he liked Jill & Guza. 

• Members

As one of Marland’s pupils, do we think we will get something like Marland’s rules for taking over a show? More methodical, no cutting or adding right away?  Or will it be a big relaunch where things happen immediately like when Guza returned in 1997? That was a thrilling week of shows- Nikolas shot, Carly lies to Tony and claims Jason is the baby’s father, and the iconic and terrible Brenda photoshoot freak out.

I hope some of the glaring absences will be addressed- Lulu, Lucky. 

• Members

I wasn't that shocked (though the simultaneous axing was a bit much). I knew they were not likely to can AMC without first taking OLTL out, on principle. It was the stronger show and was doing well but ABCD has always had a specific mindset about OLTL regardless of quality or numbers, and that bore out. AMC had been on life support and everyone knew it, but OLTL was tossed with it because of network bias.

That's if Frank still has that leeway. Recent events suggest perhaps not.

And no, Frons begged Disney/ABC to save GH. They originally wanted to cancel all three en masse for the glory of The Chew/Revolution/etc. but Frons had always championed Guza's GH. He had to sacrifice Guza to keep it. That's the version of the story I know.

Edited by Vee